1929 Dodge Six Instruction Book

RobV

For all the DB 6 owners out there, I'm making a PDF document of my original book. It's the second edition printing from September 1929. There is a ton of information in here and it may take a while for me to get the whole thing scanned. I'm going to create it in sections to keep download times somewhat sane. Heres the first part, the cover and table of contents. The file manager won't allow me to upload a PDF, so you have to get it from the link.

Link to directory to download the PDF's

Thanks Rob;

I particularly enjoyed the advice in 'Inspection and Care' to drop the oil pan once a year and clean. Almost all of us have done this at least once to get the gunk out and find it is at least a half day event and you feel like you have been working under an oil derick when done.

So much for technical advice from 1928. Obviously the writer had never done this!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Backyardmechanic

Hello

Romar has a offset press reprint of this manual call toll free at 888-827-7601

Vern.

Vern,

The reprint you show for sale online is the first edition may 1929, that's what the pic of the book shows. The copy I'm posting is the second edition. I checked online before I posted this copy to make sure I wouldn't 'step on any body's toes' as it were. If I have done that by posting a different edition, I apologize.

Ooops, if all editions are the same then it seems I have stepped on Romar's toes. eek.gif

Gundog, what version of IE are you working with? you can find it in the 'help -> about' tab at the top of your browser.

Guest 1930

You werent doing anything purposely to hurt anyone in fact just the opposite so I would not lose any sleep over it. I have all three versions and as far as I can tell they are the same.

IE 8, I have finally accessed your site through google. Thank you for making the manual available on the Webb. Although my Dodge is a 1927 "6"; looking at slightly later manuals can be very useful, espectly as from about 1929, they all tend to be more technical than there predecessors. Any chances of down loading the Parts book at some future date? It would be great if we could have all the manuals and parts books on line.

Guest Backyardmechanic

RobV

I post that Romar had these for the guy that wants a hard copy. Lot of pages to print out.Thanks Dough for pointing out that Myers has it as we supply them to.

Vern

• 2 months later...
Guest Richard Blaisdell

Hey Rob Thanks this is good info. I have a 29 Victory Six and I wonder if the wiring diagram is basicaly the same? the battery is presently installed with a neg. ground and seems to run fine. I was told that all 29 Dodge Bros. were pos. ground. Do you know if that is correct?

Richard richardblaisdellsr@wildblue.net

• 2 weeks later...