Trim No reference, 1933 Buick

Guest outlaw car man

Guest outlaw car man

My plate shows Paint no 315 which is Black, also shows TRIM No 164. Anybody have reference materials that shows what No 164 is ?

Rear seat was recovered but had a piece of what looks like Bedford Cord underneath, but also had a piece of what looked like an olive Mohair.

I'm going to redo the interior with original stuff-

This is an early 1933 Buick-

Any help out there in Buick land-

Thanks,

OCM

Guest outlaw car man

Thanks Mark-

Didn't see any judging for interiors, Hmmm. Seems odd. I'm new at the Buicks anyway-

From what I've gleaned, it appears to be mohair- I've got a sample from an original 33 sedan, and now a good set of photos of an original interior. Looks like a call to Hampton Coach in in order.

Sandy Jones

Sandy,

I am a bit surprised this info is not listed. My 29 & 31 Buicks had mohair, but my daughter and granddaughters get skin rashes from mohair. So, I used a nylon material that looks very close to mohair as long as the light hits it right.

Find a fold or hidden area to get the true color and go for it....

Guest Juergen

Hallo,

my early (december 1932 ) built Sport Coupe has color 319 it is Waldorf Maroon and Trim 161 it is light grey Bedfort Cord.

It is not the original trim, but I am nearly shure, the pre-pre owner did it original. The rumble seat is still original, not restored, in brown leather imitation.

Regards from germany

Juergen

Guest outlaw car man

Hi Mark-

I was too- I thought this information would be a fairly common thing. I'm guessing the trim number would be common to other models in the year, not just the 90, could be wrong.

I've been told both bedford cord & mohair.

The rear seat had partially, what appeared to be, a brown bedford cord under the re-upholstery, but this doesn't match the samples from Hampton Coach- Also this was done in the 60s maybe and the fabric was something from the 60s that they used like a top drill-

Both rear door panels, did have pieces if an olive drab mohair, that was used as a backing or something under the regulators, from the factory.

Paul R was going to send me a piece of original material off a door panel from a sedan- If these match, I'll head to find a picture of the interior pattern on a 90.

Did post a picture of my 33 90- 7 passenger sedan on the members cars and a write up on it etc.

Are there any restoration shops in the US that specialize in the early 30s sedans, 32-35 maybe ?

thanks-

Sandy Jones

OCM

Guest outlaw car man

Hampton Coach admitted they didn't have any information on the series 90 7PS and said they don't do any custom work.

I normally like to rely on original stuff, if available, for my research on restoration. Finding anything on the 90 is difficult at best.

Onward.........

Sandy Jones

OCM