No Experience in Antique Cars - with a question.

Guest Jen45

Guest Jen45

Hello all! I posted this in the Cadillac section, but figured I'd put it here as well. I have absolutely zero experience with antique cars and have a question. We have a 1968 Cadillac Coupe Deville convertible we would like to sell. My husband in his infinite wisdom has left this task to me to sort out. The problem is I have no idea what it's worth...couldn't even guess. Here's what I know about the car: I have no idea where the car came from, or how it was kept prior to coming into my husband's possession. He kept it outside at his apartment for maybe 2 years, and since then it has lived in my garage. I have known my husband for 6 years, and the car has run at some point during that time because I have driven it. However, it no longer runs. I have no idea what's wrong with it, although conversations with the hubby lead me to believe there could be some significant problem with the engine, possibly requiring it to be replaced. I also know he has replaced the convertible top since I've known him (i.e. within the last 6 years). No question about it, from a novice's standpoint, the poor thing seems to me to be in sorry shape. Any suggestions as to what it may be worth, or even what additional information I may need to gather to make this assessment would be greatly appreciated!

Jen, you will get a variety of answers here but you have given far too little information for a good guestimate. However, one piece of advice. Just give as detailed and an honest description of the car plus plenty of photos on eBay and it will bring what it is worth most likely. Since you said you were going to sell it anyway: A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Rough book value according to the latest NADA guide is $9450 but guides don't by cars, people do. Mileage, condition, options, etc. all will come into play.