classic cars for wedding

I am a "car guy" who is getting married in May of 2001. My desire is to have the bridal party and myself driven to the wedding in great classic cars. Problem is I can't find anyone who rents these cars. I'm not really sure what cars I would want, I guess it would depend on whats out there. The only things I have found are Rolls Bentleys and Limos. if anyonw has any information on what I can do it would be appreciated. I live in the Philly Pa region.<P>Thanks,<BR>Ruppe

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Ruppe:<BR><B>I am a "car guy" who is getting married in May of 2001. My desire is to have the bridal party and myself driven to the wedding in great classic cars. Problem is I can't find anyone who rents these cars. I'm not really sure what cars I would want, I guess it would depend on whats out there. The only things I have found are Rolls Bentleys and Limos. if anyonw has any information on what I can do it would be appreciated. I live in the Philly Pa region.<P>Thanks,<BR>Ruppe</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>shame you dont live in the uk as i have all sorts of english / american 1920/30's cars i use for weddings hope you find what you are looking for Greg<P>

Guest BruceW

Dan<BR>Check with local AACA Regions in the area. Our AACA region often drives cars for weddings. We just tell the person asking for the car to give the club member(s) involved each a donation for driving the car and transporting the wedding party. We don't charge a specific fee because we are not in it for a business. We do it as a service. Most of the time the club member just passes the donation along to the club treasury. It sure is a lot cheaper for the wedding party than renting cars or a limo..... and a lot more classier!

Thanks to all... I think that it would be a very Classy option. I appreciate all the leads. I'll will keep you all posted on how it turns out. Thanks, again.<P>Dan

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Dan, People do not charge because of insurance, most collectors will not have insurance for this. If you make a donation, that is how it can be done. SalG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mark G

Hi I am Mark Golding I am the Supreme Commander of the Keystone Cops MTFCI if you would like to have Model T's for the wedding maybe We caould help you out. <BR> e-mail me at Keystone_cops_2000@yahoo.com<BR>and we can discuss this. <BR>we are located in PA all over Pa

Your locall AACA Region should be able to steer you right (no pun intended) but do be cautious on the insurance part of it. Your state laws may also be worth having a look at to see how use of an antique vehicle might be restricted if it's a non-club type event - of course if you sign up the entire wedding party as AACA members in the process we all benefit and you have a "club activity." I see more commercial limo companies using early cars these days - particularly Rolls Royces, Bentleys, etc. That might be your best bet. They will be properly licensed and insured.<BR>Terry