1953 Willys Aero Wagon Concept 3/8

Guest Aerowagon

Guest Aerowagon

Hello, I hope you dont mind me posting this.. This is a 1953 Willys Aero Wagon Studio Concept 3/8 Model.. If you have read in books about the Tail end of Kaiser.. and Willys.. there is a write of this car in books.. Ive also enclosed a picture Courtesy of the KF club.. of the Kaiser Experimental Concept Room with this car in the upper right corner.. Its a little rougher than the first picture.. due to bad shipping.. any Values of this would be greatly appreciated.. or if there are any appraisers here that know of these.. here we go.. 8cd3_1-3.jpg

8ff7_1-3.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg

54kaiserexperimental.jpg

Aerowagon2.jpg

DSCF3472.jpg

But still very restorable ..

Welcome to the AACA Forum, thanks for the Willys post! Nice model, I like that B pillar location, guess that could be a hardtop wagon. I would think GM Craftsman Guild cars of that era would help set a value on the model. There was a 1920's MARMON factory model that sold at auction in Vermont about 2 year ago for about $7,000 to a dealer, and I know he later sold it to a collector down south. I don't think restoring it would be a wise thing to do. Best wishes, Bob

These scale models were common in the teens. These were salesman's samples. Typically 1/4 to 1/2 scale exact replicas of new models that could be crated and shipped around the country to be put on display in hotel lobbies or general stores. The salesman's sample was an economical way to expand market reach without a dealer network. Some of the models were operational. A few of these sample cars still exist.

Guest Aerowagon

I have never seen salesmen samples other than Slush cast promos, and acetate 1/25 scale promos... this one though came from Toledo OH. about 1 month ago on the 16th.. The person had retrieved this From the Kaiser/Willys Plant in 1955.. and owned it up till I aquired it.. the Picture of the Kaiser design studio shows the right rear quarter the The car in the forground being made of clay.. and different from the left rear quarter.. The KFclub Historian made a few calls and did confirm this is the car. in the back ground.. There is a book that does state that the thought of the Wagon going into production ended at this Model.. 1956 was the year slated for production of the car.. Keep in mind.. this is 44 inches long.. and weighs out a 75 lbs.. Not easy to move around.. All concepts were suppose to be crushed, if not right after they were denied.. and certainly a year after production..