Wanted - Chrysler C-body radiator

Guest whotmewory

Guest whotmewory

I am actively looking to buy soonest possible for reasonable price one original, usable, leak-free standard duty or heavy duty radiator assembly for my 1966 Chrysler Newport, 2dr hardtop, 383-CID with A/T and A/C.

Width of my existing, locally-unrestorable radiator core is 22-inches wide by 2-1/2 inches deep [thick]. I have the flanges from my radiator, but would prefer provided radiator to have these firmly welded already - I don't have a welder.

Chrysler OEM P/N 258296T with an "AE" after it.

Fill port is dead center of the radiator top tank. Two main connections are: bottom on the driver's side; and top on the passenger's side.

This radiator also cools the transmission fluid so there are three small ports at the very bottom of the radiator - two for the automatic transmission fluid cooling lines and a [third] drain port at the far passenger's side for emptying old coolant.

Chris in NC NASCAR Country

I am sure that I will have a C body radiator. BUT a couple of thoughts. These are 40 years old and I would not install a used one without a recore. Also I live in Oregon. I would think that a local C body guy could be of more convienient help.

• 1 month later...
Guest whotmewory

The P/N 258296T with an "AE" after it is a series of raised letters on the top. Maybe that's the P/N on that stamped piece.

Anyway, not much luck actually getting on. Used one of those websites that shotguns your parts request and got price quotes from less than $150 to $600. Chose a guy north of Sarasota who quoted $150 plus shipping. Real positive sounding guy - all excited. Had one in SC near me [in NC]. Never arrived. Called. Said he was pulling one from Indiana - pulled a bait and switch trying to push a 26-inche wide radiator w/o shroud. Kind'a makes my shroud junk. No thanks, gimme my $$ back please. But I gave him a third chance - third time's a charm - oops! Found one for ya' but it'll cost ya' another $$$.

I renegged and demanded my account re-credited with my $170 total.

I later found his business had a series of complaints against it on Ripoffreport.com. Freaked, I called to confirm he had credited my account and he hollered and yelled that didn't I give ya' an authorization number? I told him I was freaked about all the complaints against his business - wanted reassuracnes to which he said: "Yeah, we're bad people!" and hung up!

Still waiting for my promised refund.