68 Barracuda gas tank I need some help

Guest MOPARNUT

Guest MOPARNUT

My 68 Cuda keeps quiting after about 3 or 4 minutes of running. I think the gas tank has alot of crud in it. No I am not sure thats the problem. I figure it can't hurt to clean it out any way. Any advice as to the best way to remove the gas tank with out having it blow up? Also any one know where to find steel braided gas lines? I have to replace them and need a gas line that will not colapse when at the drag strip.

Guest simplyconnected

Syphon as much gas out as you can then drop the tank. In the middle of your back yard, start flushing with a garden hose. You will see the some junk come out.

You can use one of those 'hose pumps' to suck out the last amounts of rusty water. Prop the tank on one of its corners. Run one hose with water to keep the junk in suspension, and run a second hose with the hose-pump.

Dry the tank. If you want, you can pour alcohol in, and it will suck up water faster than Scotch. Remove the alcohol. Any small amount left will readilly mix with gasoline. It will come out. Hope this helps. - Dave