Recomended tires ?

Guest BREH

Guest BREH

I'm looking to but new tires for my 90. Can anyone recomend a GOOD brand, I'd like quiet,long lasting, good performance that wont cost an arm & leg.

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BREH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking to but new tires for my 90. Can anyone recomend a GOOD brand, I'd like quiet,long lasting, good performance that wont cost an arm & leg.

Thanks. </div></div>

I just put four Kumho Solus KH16 tires on my car. Inexpensive, tires ratings are above average, my mechanic recommended them and the Kuhmo's received good reviews at tirerack.com (I was ready to buy Yokohama Avids as I have had good experiences with them). I have only driven 200 miles on the tires but I will say they are quieter on the freeway then the original Eagle GT's they replaced (which still had good tread left on them).

Guest CL_Reatta

I have Yokohoma AvidH4s's on my miata and am quite pleased... in summer driving that is.... dunno if its respectful to put yoko's on a American car though

I was spending top dollar for Michelins for years, but rave reviews (and great prices) had me try Kumhos and they are an incredible value.

I've also found getting speed-rated tires improves the performance/handling characteristics. Generally I've been running 'V' rated.