1910 McLaughlin Truck

Guest Reynolds-Alberta

Guest Reynolds-Alberta

I am doing some research on the 1910 McLaughlin Model 11 Delivery Trucks. Are there any known survivors? I have run across the Buick version truck of the same vehicle but have not determined if there are very many survivors of that vehicle either. Any help to determining if there are any McLaughlin Model 11's or how many Buick tucks of the same style exist would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

I do know that there is one early Buick truck in the Sloan Museum at Flint. Maybe some of the others on the forum can elaborate. Also, there is a thread here that is titled, "Buick trucks" that has a lot of good stuff posted. Dandy Dave!

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Randy:

The Buick truck you refer to is the Model 2A. I am aware of about 3 survivors, but I don't know how many McLaughlin model 11's were made or if any survive. Based on comparing yearly production totals between McLaughlin and Buick and the number of 2A trucks, I would think the total of McLaughlin trucks produced originally was almost certainly less than 10. Given the low number of 2A survivors and the fact that 11's would be used in more severe weather conditions, I would not expect any survivors. However, stranger things have happened.

Regards, Dave Corbin

http://www.natmus.org/html/trucks.html

Originally Posted By: Robberbach">If I could only figure out how to post them.
How to add images here: http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/250539/Inserting_Photos_into_the_Text#Post250539. Click on file manager

(This will all change with the new software)

Edited by 1939_buick
formatting for new VB software (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

We have located the engine serial number on the Reynolds'Alberta Museum's 1910 McLaughlin truck and we are having some difficulty locating literature to help us identify it. The serial number on the engine is 23691 or 23091. We are unsure about the 6 or 0. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Curator, Transportation Collections

Reynolds-Alberta Museum

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Justin:

The engine number you give falls in the range of the 1910 two cylinder engines from Buick, so that matches. The last 1910 engine number is 25203, so your engine is a mid-year unit, as the range is 19051 to 25203..

My estimator on McLaughlin serial number shows 801 to 1648 as the probable range of 1910 McLaughlin numbers. The range on Buick frame numbers was 1 to 1098, so you might find a Buick plate on it somewhere.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Dave Corbin