Re: Hemi Anderson

Guest LouZ

Guest LouZ

I recieved an eMail from one of the members asking about Hemi. He was a little worried because he hadn't seen any posts by him, and didn't get any answer to his PMs. I just called him He's doing fine. He is in Cal., and was polishing his red TC making it ready for the National meet, this week. He asked me to pass on his thanks for those who were concerned of his welfare, and asked me also to let everyone know all is well. Lou

Hello everyone. It is nice to know you all care. I appreciate your concerns. I guess when you get old, people start to worry when they don't hear from you. I'll find out when I get OLD I guess or maybe you think I already am. I try not to look in the mirror too often.

When I go to California, to my shop, there is little time to get on the internet. Also, I have to drive to a friend's home and park outside so I can link up to my Wi-Fi router located in their house. My last trip to CA was filled with social obligations so there was even less time for the computer.

I was pleased to receive the "Good Member" award at TC National 2009 and 'ol Red received the "Highest Mileage TC" award. She rolled over the 250K mark the weekend before the National when I was on my way to San Diego.

We all had a great time at National. Alan and his brother worked their butts off at the Tech session packing wheel bearings and performing other services as well.

Larry Carlson & Co. were busy parting out an '89 TC which gave it's all to so many other TCs there. Like an automotive parts donor. Headlamps here, radio there, and various other stuff to so many others. By the end, it was pretty much stripped to the bare body.

I just wish someone would tell me how to submit photos on 'this here thing' cause I'd like to include some.

Yep, another great TC National event in the books. It's always a great few days with old friends-and with Hemi, as he pointed out, he's not old wink.gif

I think the count was 28 cars and 4 16V TC's cool.gif There were also a couple or three 'locals' that just rolled in for a day so there was easily over 30 cars in attendance. Check your TC Club of America newsletter for a once in a lifetime picture cool.gif

Alan

Guest LouZ

Hey Hemi,

On the bottom of this block where you are typing, there is an underlined FILE MANAGER. Click on it. It will open a window where you browse your computer to the picture you want to include. Click on it to open it. Then in the file manager window, click add file. you can usually add up to 4 pictures per post. (I usually only get 3)then click, Finished adding files. and post.

Seems like everyone had a good time at the Nationals. That's a good thing.

Now for that "Old" thing. I don't think the concern for you was age generated. I think it was just that you were not heard from as often as normal. In the past, about once a month you would catch up on all the answers needed in the AACA Forum. This time it may have been a little longer.

Enjoy, Lou

Guest My TC Toy

Look forward to seeing the pictures of the meet.

Unfortunately I am located on the NE limit of the continent, in Newfoundland, and will probably not be able to go to any meet. However I think we should give a big "Thank You" to Karleen, et al, for all the work they put into the arrangements for those who attend the gathering.

You people (and I mean that in the nicest way) don't know how lucky youy are living in and around California. As far as the car hobby is concerned you literally have everything.

I just purchased a '06 PT Cruiser HO turbo convertable VRRROOOOMMMMMMMmmmm)from a neighbouring Province. The dealer locally has not even sold a turbo, and we're in the capital city. I am going to Nova Scotia next weekend to pich her up (the car that is). That simple pick-up involves a 15 hour drive and six hour ferry ride. Oh, the joys of living on an island! Yes sir, you sure are lucky!

Hi Lou try that ferry ride in 50 plus MPH winds and 30 foot waves in below zero temperature. In the winter the ferry can be stuck in ice for a day or two, [there is a bar and a restaurant on the ferry]. In the summer you may see some sea life if there is no fog, some days are beautiful. Merrill Nelson

Guest My TC Toy

Merrill is right. It'no fun. We have to drive for 9 hours to get to the other end of the island, then a 6 hour freey ride to get virtually on the "mainland", if everything goes well. It's only then we can start to go somewhere. And don't forget to return home we have to do the same thing in reverse. It might be nice for a tourist, however....!

Having said all that I wouldn't live anywhere else.