I AM NOW THE HAPPIEST REATTA OWNER IN S. FLORIDA!

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

I just picked up my car from the paint & body shop. WOW it looks perfect! Even the stripe was painted on to match factory. They even had the interior detailed for me without me asking. With the price of the car, the hotel stay and the paint I have $2,557.00 in it and I can't think of a car for four times the price that I would enjoy so much. I will not even begin to tell you how much I have put into the 1971 Skylark, but to be fair it is almost 20 years older than the Reatta. Thank's to all who helped me with my questions.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Richard

Guest Drake

Richard,

Congratulations on your face-lift. Glad it surpassed your expectations. Now go out and show it off.

Guest Richard D

I don't have any of it before, just picture a black faded reatta with the hood primered with the wrong primer which caused bubbles. So they took the hood down to metal and repaired a few dings. When the sun comes up tomorrow I will take some pictures. I am glad I decided to buy one that did not look new but was in excellent mechanical shape and has a real nice interior. After I drove it home I found receipts from the last 18 months for $3,475.00 for things like harmonic balancer, front end parts, timing chain set, brakes and more.

It drives like I remember my first one did back in 1990.

Regards,

Richard

Guest Bobby Valines

Congratulations, take it up and down A1A and enjoy it. When its all done give us some pics please.

Guest Richard D

It is done, might need some tires in a year or so. I will take some pictures tomorrow. If anybody needs paint & body work and are in the South Florida area this is the second car they have done for me and they always go the extra mile, for not that much more than Maaco charges. It is a family owned shop and have been in business for about 20 years. The name is Arpco paint & body. for more info pm me.

Richard.

Richard,

Congrats on getting it back together nicely. Looking forward to the pics for sure. I can almost relate to your excitement over how good it looks. Mine is in now being stripped/painted and won't be done until late May - the shop doing mine gave me a deal as it is a "fill in" project while they are slow on collision work, thus the 3-4 week wait.

I am getting the emblems re-chromed, stainless inlays on the rub molding polished back to mirror finish, brand new front parking/turn signal lamps; and don't ask what those cost, I could've bought another beater Reatta for the cost of the two assemblies, but mine were in poor condition. Also putting on new hood emblem, new door handles, and new exterior lock cylinder trim & shutters on both doors and trunk. I am also repainting the mirrors and lower rocker trim.

Needless to say I am pumped to get it back and on the road. It will look 99% like a new car outside when all this is done. And yes there will be pictures posted.

KDirk