Guest outlaw car man

Opps, forgot a new topic -

Just got the car in this morning, here are numbers off the Body plate:

1933 90

Job No 33112

Body # 431

Trim # 164

Paint No 315

Any information you have would be appreciated. Car is about 85% restored, basically needs a new interior-

Just unpacking now, will do some pictures after the excitement wears off-

Thanks,

Sandy Jones

Colorado

Guest 39BuickSpecial

Hey Sandy,

Congrats on finding such a great automobile!! If you are a member of the BCA (Buick Club of America) you have access to live and real time help from Technical advisors listed in the monthly magazine, "Buick Bugle." I spoke only yesterday to "my" advisor regarding my 39 Buick Special. I received more than I bargained for from a great guy (Jon Bassett) in Florida anxious to help me resolve my overheating issues.

Of course, this venue has many experienced and long-time Buick owners who can offer plenty of quality advise and help.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Larry Martin,

Allentown, Pennsylvania

Guest outlaw car man

Larry, thanks & good luck with your project-

Interesting enough, my 90 had about the same experience of a restoration project gone south- Engine was rebuilt professionally, everything taken apart for restoration, body done & painted, all chrome components re-chromed then it stopped midway ( zillion little pieces all wrapped up) . everything was packed up and stored since 1994-1995.

Car is a one owner vehicle, I'm the second owner now, been in the same family since 1933. Have the original 1933 title.

all the nuts & bolt & everything was saved and most marked ( got lucky)

I haven't fired it up yet, brakes work etc. All original glass was saved, EVERYTHING that was original to the car-

Car has 28,000 miles on it.

Missing the large round backside to one of the side mount covers ( yes has both side mount covers) , missing one jump seat ? Tires are new ( 1995)

I've been in touch with Paul & the Buick Registry. Car needs backseat upright springs and front seat, seat springs, don't know why they are missing. The top insert ( new) is in box, all the top wood new.

As I've said have a huge box of nuts & bolts & things from the dis assembly to go thru-

Fun !

Sandy Jones