FS: 1958 Cadillac sedan - completely original, perfect condition

I am selling my wonderful <span style="font-weight: bold">1958 Cadillac Model 62 Sedan</span>. This car is a <span style="font-weight: bold">100% original</span> and completely unrestored work of art. It is has been meticulously and impeccably maintained throughout its life (see below), with most records since new. The odometer is correct and currently reads approximately 83,500 miles. I have owned her for a little over 4 years. I am a member of the Cadillac LaSalle Club, and purchased it from another member. Several other members are familiar with the car. The car is in perfect running order with everything factory correct and functioning properly. It previously has won an AACA trophy in the Eastern Nationals in the HPOF class, in addition to trophies in several smaller shows. Last year it completed the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance road tour.

The car has the original rubbed lacquer finish of alpine white over versailles green. The original upholstery is lovely in green venetian and green victoria cloth. The paint and interior are all original. The chrome is incredible and looks new. The front aluminum grill is in great condition. The glass is free of cracks and chips. The valve covers and manifolds have been previously repainted the correct Cadillac blue, with Bill Hirsch Cadillac engine paint. The engine bay is extrememly nice, clean and correct. The trunk is all original with the correct jack and a spare tire. The car has 6-way power seats and a power antennae. The radio works perfectly. The car will come with the original owner's manual and some other miscellaneous literature.

The car spent 46 years of its life in California so there is ZERO rust. There have never been any accidents or body work. The car has been fastidiously maintained since day 1. I have most records since new. Everything on the car works as intended (the clock is finicky) and is correct to the factory standards from when the car was manufactured.

The car drives wonderfully. It does not leak, smoke or stall. It is tight and tracks straight down the road comfortably at conventional highway speeds. The engine and transmission function perfectly. All 8 cylinders have perfect compression. The transmission does not skip, hesitate or slip. The car has never overheated during the time I have owned it. There are no deferred maintenance issues or repairs. I would sincerely not hesitate to drive this car on a 1000 mile trip.

This car has always been kept indoors, under a soft car cover, on a trickle charger.

It's history:

In December 2004 we purchased this car in California from its second owner, a fellow Cadillac LaSalle Club member, with only 80,000 fully documented miles. He purchased it in 1982 from the first owner, also in California, with only 69,000 miles. The car was originally purchased from the Cadillac dealer in Oakland, California in March of 1958. The selling dealer’s sticker is still in the glove box (see photo below). The car remains completely original and unrestored. It is a smooth, quiet, and powerful driver that needs nothing.

I have spent a lot of money (approx. $15,000) having it fully sorted and fastidiously maintained by a top restoration shop for American classics and a vintage Cadillac expert in my town. In the past few months, the car underwent a full comprehensive mechanical service of all systems ($2500) and is ready to drive anywhere. You will not find a better 1958 Cadillac, let alone one that is completely original and can be shown in the original class at any Concours.

I also have some miscellaneous spare parts, including an extra clock and a bolt of fabric from SMS, that matches the interior, that will be included.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">2004-2007 Work Performed</span></span>

Replaced headlights with matching correct T3 bulbs

New rear main seal

New fuel pump

Rebuilt vacuum motor for wipers

New windshield washer remote button

New thermostat

New distributor Cap

New contacts

New condensor

New brake rotors

Replaced all shocks

Replaced hoses, belts, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter

Replaced ash tray spring

New turn signal cancelling cam

New ignition switch to match original key

Restored dash pad underlayment, replaced all dash bulbs

Install matching 1950's style lap saftely belts x 4

New engine and transmission mounts

New correct washer jar

Repair radiator run off – new correct radiator cap

Replace fuel filler neck breather hose

New gas cap

Remove and rebuild heater core and reinstall

Front end alignment

New correct wire looms under hood

New rubber spacers between front bumper and fender

Rebuild hinge for gas tank door/cover

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Late 2008 Work Performed</span></span>

Replace exhaust manifold gaskets

Replace vacuum lines and route per factory specs

New hose clamps as needed

Clean/lubricate power seat tracks

New transmission gasket

New transmission cooler lines

New correct matching Delco battery and new battery hold down

New heat riser

Cleaned horn contacts

New valve cover gasket seals

Paint valve covers correct Cadillac color

Rebuild dash clock

Remove transmission pan, clean, repaint, new gasket

Service radio antennae

Silicon all weather strips and rubber

Adjust brakes

Repack front wheel bearings

Repair ball joint fittings

Lubricate chassis

Service distributor, reset dwell and timing

New rear pinion seal

New valve seal and oil drain plugs

New shifter o-ring seals

New vacuum pump in oil pan

Change all fluids and filters

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">2009 Work Performed</span></span>

Rebuilt starter/solenoid

Rebuilt hinge for tail light/gas door

'Level 4' full detail of car and engine bay

I am asking $22,000 for a fabulous, completely original, documented, and fully sorted car. The car is available for the most discerning inspection. I would much rather see it go to an AACA or Cadillac Club member.

Please, serious inquiries only:

email: mabel12@bellsouth.net

Car Location: Jacksonville, Florida

post-61472-143138069431_thumb.jpg

post-61472-143138069443_thumb.jpg

post-61472-14313806948_thumb.jpg

post-61472-143138069512_thumb.jpg

post-61472-143138069542_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaxcaddy (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

It has been meticulously maintained (with all records) - not restored. There is a huge differnece.

The car wears the original paint, interior, carpet, headliner, trunk, chrome, glass etc... It has never been dissassembled. It has never had the engine or transmission out etc... Beyond the valve covers being repainted (as described), it is 100% original and correct to factory standards. That is quite rare.

This would qualify as all original for the AACA, various Concours etc...

Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaxcaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I will include an extra 1958 engine if bought by a fellow AACA member.

</div></div>

More offers like this when a fellow AACAn is making deals! Great idea! grin.gif