1929 Century A another one rescued

Guest Hugh32

Guest Hugh32

Hello everybody. I'm new to the AACA. This 1929 Century 6 2dr 4pl Coupe will soon leave the heated East Coast basement where it's been for the last 47 years, to be in my garage. It is missing only the windshield frame & glass. (someone stole them during WWII for the gas tax stamps) Makes me wonder how many miles were put on it from the forties to 1962. A little chilly in winter I'd guess. More photos later as work progresses. Hugh

post-60729-143138069039_thumb.jpg

post-60729-143138069042_thumb.jpg

post-60729-143138069044_thumb.jpg

post-60729-143138069051_thumb.jpg

post-60729-143138069057_thumb.jpg

Great find,check out the black paint on the frame. We have a supper Hupmobile club and a lot of friendly people that will help with questions you may have. In 1929 Hupp produced 50,000 cars 21,000 were A's. We have 60 1929 A's in the club, but only 1 coupe listed. I have a 1928 coupe that was converted into a pickup truck in 1947. Your front seat backs are reversed. The passenger seat back folds down and moves ahead to allow the rear passenger to enter. Any other info you may need just ask. Keep on Huppn. Chuck

Hugh We do have Suppers also. Our club is super. Yesterday I could not spell mechanic today I r one. Take everything in that room with you when you pick up the car. There should be a pair of curved braces bolted to the frame that the side mount spare wheels are attached to. I know the east coast goes from Maine to Florida. I live in N.H. and if your car is anywhere in that area, send me a PM and I will help you identify the parts that you have a question with. This will be great car when put back together and you will not believe the power and torque it has. I am in the process of restoring a 1929 Hupp 4-dr sedan for a friend of mine. I woodgrained the dash and I would like you to see it so you know what yours will look like. I will post a pic when the pc god lets me. Chuck

Guest Dean_H.

Very nice, it sure is cool to see an old car like this hidden away. Looks like it's well preserved. Good luck on your restoration.

• 1 year later...

Nice looking car, bet it would be a nice one to restore. The mention of the paint on the frame made me look closer, my guess is that someone long ago took the body off with thought to restore, painted frame, stripped rear fenders of paint, and gave up.....that black paint just doesn't match the patina of the body....

Not criticism, just observation....great find...

• 1 month later...
Hugh, Any thing new on the coupe? Inquiring minds would like to know. Well maybe just me. But its like giving a child a piece of candy and tell them not to eat it. Chuck

We ALL want to know.