For Barney - '91 Convert Canadian ID #'s

NYBobP

Barney - This is the label next to the spare. You're right...some of the words are in French. Do you know how many in the '91 run had the French ID? Does it show any info on the plug for the engine heater? Any thing else that would make this car unique? Thanks!

post-32699-143138068048_thumb.jpg

post-32699-143138068049_thumb.jpg

Below is what I can tell you about the car.

It was built for Canada. I show 15 (1991) convertibles going to Canada. Two of those were unsellable cars and scrapped (one was Red and the other Black). Ten of the 15 were white cars.

You car was the last one built in a batch of 37 white convertibles. My convertible was 900552, so there was one car between when built. Based on the month/year of the build date on the drivers door, our cars were built in early March 1991.

Your Service Parts label is hard to read but I was able to understand all the codes...most of which are common.

The codes unique to Canadian built cars are.........

AN4 = RESTRAINT - PROVISION CHILD

K05 = HEATER ENGINE BLOCK

T61 = LIGHTING - DAYTIME RUNNING

V97 = EXPORT PREP

Z31 = UNKNOWN CANADIAN CODE

Z49 = CANADIAN MANDENTORY EQUIPMENT

If someone has the phone number for the GM Canada source that would tell you about your car, they might be able to give info on things like the Z31 code.

Thanks Barney. If anyone has any idea of the the Canadian mandatory equipment was, would like to know.

I noticed the child restraint provision was in a plastic bag in the trunk. Apparently never put on. I also have an owner's manual supplement all in French. Really a cool car. cool.gif

When you get a chance, send me a photo of the child restraint...

From the little information available, it holds the seat from coming forward (is there a part number on it?)

The coupe part may be different than the convertible.

Guest spyhunter2k

The full RPO names of Z49 and Z31:

Z49 Export, Modifications, Canadian, Mandatory Base Equipment

Z31 Price Sheet Advance, Processing Option – Canadian

The RPO description for Z31 sometimes appears as "Preliminary Invoice, No Cost."