buick derby style center cap needed

I own a 67 gs400 that has the front disc brakes option. It came with the very rare chevelle, corvette style rally rims.( NOT THE 5 SPOKE STYLE ). I am missing one of the center caps and have been looking for about 6 years. Year One doesn't even carry a reproduction. If there is anyone out there willing to part with one or knows of somewhere I can get one please contact me at RPGS400@AOL.COM

In my opinion,if you could show a picture of the style you need,you would go a long way toward being more successful in your search.I have several types of centers,but am not sure of the you're talking about.Some of the ones i have are typical,and some are not.Hope this helps you.

Hi, I have a master parts catalog from 67 that shows good pix of all of the various wheel cover styles for all of the cars with pt #.<P> If you can scan me a pic of your wheel cover and all the parts as it is on the car, I am most certain I can give you a part number so you can call a hubcap place and say I need this....<P> Drop me an E @ dlw29@hotmail.com<P> Thanks,don55<P> PS, If any of the parts have a pt # cast, send them to me also so I can match it up if pic doesnt come through or you dont have scanning capabilities.

rpgs400<P>It may be difficult to find just one of the caps that you are looking for. <BR>If you can't buy one, you might be able to make one. Use the dish part from a new or repro chevy rally derby cap (the one that says "disc brake") and a new or reproduction Buick 5 spoke rally center cap. Drill the four rivets out of the center cap,remove the retaining spring and drill and tap the holes where the rivets were. Once the center cap is drilled you can attach it to the derby cap dish with screws. Use a piece of hard foam rubber (about 1.5" square x 1/2" thick) between the "dish" and the Buick medallion to hold the medallion in place (like the factory did).<BR>The only difference will be that this derby cap center will be about 1/4" higher becase the 5 spoke center cap is taller than the original derby cap. I have not tried this yet, but looking at one of my disassembled derby caps and a 5 spoke rally wheel cap it seems like it would work. <BR>After 6 years without a cap it may be worth a try. <P>------------------<BR>'68 GS400 Convert<p>[This message has been edited by caGSxlr8 (edited 10-25-2000).]

Sorry rpgs400, at this time I do not want to part with either set of derby caps, as you know they are hard to find and usually expensive when you find them. I picked up one set 8 years ago and the second complete set with rims and trim rings (fair condition) two years ago. Keep watching e-bay, I think that a single cap sold for about $45 a couple of months ago, and there is a complete set (rims, rings & caps) up for auction (not mine) right now. <P>------------------<BR>'68 GS400 Convert

rpgs400: I had a big email that went in great detail about this darn thing and damned if ******* Aol didn't boot me as I was wrapping it up....I HATE AOL!!!!!!<P> Anyway, I checked harleys pic vs. my book and I believe I got it...not the part unfortunatly, but part numbers and other info to pass along to the generations!!!<BR> The following is per 11-67 version of factory parts book chassis book, pg 10 item #7, group 5.858 for the following items:<BR> Hub, wagons & GS, 1381492<BR> Hub, Skylark, 1381520<BR> Ring,Trim, 3901318<P> In addition to this,below the pic is the following quoted verbadum:<BR> Special,Special Deluxe & Skylark<BR> G.S. 400 Sportwagon<BR> Disc Brake Option Only<P> In the text where the prices are, pg 1073<BR> List price of the 1381520 is $12.35 vs. the next highest price in this sub group of $ 7.85.<BR> No price listing for the other 2 items....Kinda gives ya an idea of how and why this puppy is so rare...It was EXPENSIVE for those days!!!!!!!!<P> Drop me an E @ dlw29@hotmail.com if you have any more questions or would like me to check local wheelcover places for ya...<P> Whew!!!<BR> Hope This Helps , don55<P>

Guest my3buicks

If you have waited this long, might I suggest watching ebay over the winter for one. I monitor the 1967 Buick and 67 Buick stuff daily and have seen these on occasion come across the auction site.<P>------------------<BR>Keith Bleakney BCA# 11475<P>1967 Technical Advisor<P>1 - 1967 (3517's) & 1 - 1953 (56R)

I checked a parts place I know of near Austin, Tx. and the owner has two of them that he will sell for $100.00 plus shipping. I looked at them today. He had the wheels and trim rings but sold them to a Camaro guy.<BR> If you wish to contact him direct his # is 512-836-7115. He keeps somewhat irregular hours, late morning, early afternoon and never on Sunday or holidays.