1959 Imperial Needed for Concours Show

Guest 70 Electra

Guest 70 Electra

The prestigious Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance in Rochester MI is seeking an outstanding 1959 Imperial convertible for inclusion in a special featured class at this year's show on August 2. It must be a 1959, and it must be a convertible.

Owners or interested parties with good leads may contact me via private message. Owners may also self-nominate their car directly, and learn more about the event, on the Meadow Brook website (www.meadowbrookconcours.org) Candidates must be exceptionally nice cars (either original or restored) and highly authentic. Cars are judged with closed hoods/trunk, so a detailed engine compartment is unnecessary.

(We are aware of--and are pursuing--two beautiful examples that are black in color, but would like to expand our field of selection to include some other color combinations. For example, does anyone know the current location of Jess Ruffalo's turquoise convertible, which sold for approx. 150K at the 2007 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction? How about the unrestored blue example that was offered (sold?) a few years ago at a Mecham auction?)

Any help would be appreciated. (This was also posted in the Chrysler section of this forum)

Guest 70 Electra

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mika Jaakkola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Google" Kenyon Wills from Imperial Online Club, I remember he had an access to '59 Imperial Convertible sometime ago, so he might know more. </div></div>

Thanks for suggestion. Only thing that turned up was Kenyon's entry on Imperial website about his 1973. I tried to contact him using the email link provided in that story, but it was no longer valid.

Guest 70 Electra

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ted sweet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try posting on the Imperial mailing list </div></div>

Ted,

Thanks for suggestion. I have 'joined' the Imperial mailing list and posted my request.

Guest 70 Electra

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ted sweet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i saw your post. Any reponses? </div></div>

Ted,

Nope. Nothing on a 59 Imperial conv. I had the Imperial mailing list send out my request, and got a few responses on other 59 Mopars, and 59 Imperials that are NOT convertibles.

So, still looking! crazy.gif

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 70 Electra

A Mr. William "Bill" Madden has a nice black example that was shown at Amelia Island, but the contact info from that venue is no longer valid. Mr. Madden may be in California or in NC, depending on the who you talk to. Anyone have current contact info on Bill Madden?

Thanks,