More lighting questions

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

I noticed the back lights on the drivers and passenger door controls don't work. As I remember from my original 90 coupe there were backlights. Also the reading lights on the rear view mirror did not work. I put the mirror on the bench and with my power supply I was able to get them to work, both with the switches or both for when the door was opened. When I checked the wire harness I get a constant +12V on one lead and no ground on the other two. I am installing a mirror with a compass and electrochromic dimming so I will have to run switched +12V and a ground anyway. Could someone tell me where the module that controls lighting is located?

Best Regards to all,

Richard

Guest Richard D

Thank's, everything is pointing to the BCM. Now that I can read the schematics in the FSM it sure helps. BCM is behind the glove compartment from what I can see.

Regards,

Richard

Guest Bobby Valines

Don't know if its normal or not but on my 89 the mirror lights only work with the key on on. Richard I live in Delray beach maybe we can get together and cruse A1A sometime.

Guest Richard D

They should come on with a door open, They may be set to only be switched on if the key is on in case you forget them on and run the battery down. I will look at the schematic and see if I can figure it out. After I get mine painted a cruise sounds good.

Richard