Buickful weekend

JohnD1956

We had some excellent weather in our area this past week, and it continued right through the weekend. While everyday I drive my 78 Estate Wagon, Friday and Saturday I got the GS out for a few rides. I really thank God for dropping that baby in our garage! And today I put quite a few miles on the 56 much to my enjoyment. What with the minor things I have done over the last few years this 56 is really starting to run much better each time I use it and today I noted that it was amazingly responsive. Probably couldn't beat the GS but it certainly is not a slouch with the dynaflow. Too bad the transmission got such a bad name. I have certainly found it to be most reliable.

Right on John.

I had a bit of a Buick weekend...today we went out to the farm to retrieve Spirit. In two weeks, I'm driving Spirit down to St. Paul, MN for the Gopher State Chapter Spring Extravaganza, so I needed to get the car home to give it a going over and put some time in with it. Things didn't entirely go as planned / hoped...I forgot the battery charger at the house, so I'm glad I had the battery indoors over the winter...the weather struggled to get above 40 degrees today and we had some rain / sleet / snow...not what I wanted to see.

It does feel good to be spring and to be getting behind the wheel of an older Buick again.

I was hoping for the same rush. I jumped in to the Riviera, and no spark!. I think this is the first time in memory that a Buick hasn't just fired up for me in the spring. It was a little damp in my storage garage so I am thinking a little corrosion on the coil wires that I will get to later this week, when it WARMS UP JUST A BIT!

We had the club spring fling yesterday, great turn out , including a 19 teens era Model T ford, coupe, a blue 57 Buick, and a couiple of non Buicks,...a red car ( also known as a Chrysler, convertible) and a cream car ( had RR on the hood, an English car I believe...oh how upset Peter would be if he knew it was referred to as simply a non Buick, haha)

I am wondering if you can possibly help me. I found a car in my tree grove this year and my husband wants to send it to the junk yard. I really am not sure what it is but it looks like someone could probably make good use out of this antique I would hate to just throw it away. Could you look at some pics and tell me what u think and if someone would be interested in it? Here is some info off the car

Fisher Body Corp

Detroit Mich

Job NO 10781

Model NO 26-27

Buick

885-986 Apr 28, 08

876-225 June 11, 01

921-963 May 19, 09

Nice in Ottawa too this past weekend. Got the 53 out of storage (beat the rain) & parked it in the new garage. Started on the 2nd crank. Now back to my year end book keeping so I can enjoy the latter part of this week. Up to 65 by Saturday....wooohooo!!!!

Les

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wondering if you can possibly help me. I found a car in my tree grove this year and my husband wants to send it to the junk yard. I really am not sure what it is but it looks like someone could probably make good use out of this antique I would hate to just throw it away. Could you look at some pics and tell me what u think and if someone would be interested in it? Here is some info off the car

Fisher Body Corp

Detroit Mich

Job NO 10781

Model NO 26-27

Buick

885-986 Apr 28, 08

876-225 June 11, 01

921-963 May 19, 09 </div></div>

Abby, could those model numbers be 16 and 17, as opposed to 26-27? Please send on the pictures, and the location of the vehicle too please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wondering if you can possibly help me. I found a car in my tree grove this year and my husband wants to send it to the junk yard. I really am not sure what it is but it looks like someone could probably make good use out of this antique I would hate to just throw it away. Could you look at some pics and tell me what u think and if someone would be interested in it? Here is some info off the car

Fisher Body Corp

Detroit Mich

Job NO 10781

Model NO 26-27

Buick

885-986 Apr 28, 08

876-225 June 11, 01

921-963 May 19, 09 </div></div>

Could someone more tech savvy than I begin a new thread for Abby please?

Good to hear JD!!! Im sorry EVENTUALLY I'll show up at meetings haha. I keep having too much fun Friday afternoon and Saturday and getting snowed under with work Sundays. This is my LAST full week of classes. Got Mon-Weds next week then im DONE for 4 months. cool.gif The '38 will be out soon's mom gets a chance to go to DMV.

Mine was a Buickful weekend as well, but it's taken me a week to get the photos posted. I worked all weekend, but couldn't resist the nice weather, so drove the '71 Centurion to my work place on the Tacoma waterfront, and shot a couple of photos outside my office window.

rsz_centurioni.jpg

rsz_centurionvii.jpg

Oh man! What an excellent car that is. That looks so great as a coupe. I never cared much for vinyl tops on any of the cars but that one seems to look exceptional Brian.

As for this weekend, it was 90 on saturday and 72 today but the only Buick things I did was put new rotors and wheel bearings on the Wagon, plus wash that and the Lacrosse. I never even got the GS or the 56 out cry.gif