Hershey - Help!

I have never shown or been to Hershey - so this is my first year... I need to know where trailer parking is, how far do cars need to be driven from the trailer site to the field, and is there traffic to get from the trailer site to my "space?" <P>Concerned, with a fresh engine and zero miles! Oh - and one other thing - where do we get our registration info?<P>Stu

Stuart,<P>Just to clarify, you have already pre-registered, correct?<P>You can not "register" to show your car at the meet, only pick up your registration packet.<P>Peter

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Stuart, Trailer parking is usually on a field next to the theme park and in the lot by the maintance bldg. You will have to drive west of the stadium and follow the signs around the back side and then around to the front to get in, this allows staging of cars. A tent in front of the stadium will be open in the days before the show so you can pick up the paperwork.

No worries boys - Yes, I am registered. As one who is a member of the Porsche Club of America, I run numerous Concours d'Elegance events during the year. Why is the event Pre-reg? Simple. Has anyone ever tried to register unregistered cars and park them on a field before. It is very rough. It take far too much time and becomes a VERY difficult process. When I try and park 120 cars, it takes about a minute per car. That is almost 120 minutes to park the field! Can you imagine if there were folks that need to pre-reg? That would double or triple that time!<P>Stu

teddy ~ If the only reason you would go to Hershey is if you could win a trophy, and you feel you do not have a prize winning vehicle, then you should not waste your time, money and efforts in making that 8 hour trip.<P>There is more to this hobby of ours than just winning trophies, but you will not find out all of the good things involved unless you make the effort.<P>As for pre-registration, them's the rules and they ain't about to change. ~ hvs<P>teddy ~ I just read on your other post that you are looking for a room at or near Hershey. Looks like you are going to try some other aspects of the hobby other than just chasing trophies. Great smile.gif" border="0<p>[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

I believe it is standard operating procedures for AACA National shows to be by pre-registration only. Regardless of the issue one might have with that for the general case, it really makes sense for Hershey.<P>Given the magnitude of the job it takes to put on the Hershey show and swap meet (you will see when you get there), I can't imagine how they could deal with last minute swap meet vendors or show cars.<P>Basically Hershey is unique in the world of car shows. You have to see it to believe it.

Teddy, if you have never been to Hershey, you don't know what you are missing! I have been every year for about the last 8 years. It's a five hour trip one-way for me as I live near Richmond, VA. I usually take two to three people with me and we split the gas.We always have a great time, even if it rains. You should really plan ahead(months ahead)and go--you will not regret it! There is nothing like it if you love cars. Eli