Ever heard of an '27 Oakland model 6-44?

Guest c.johnson

Guest c.johnson

I just got back from my Dad's house. He has a '27 Oakland model 6-44. I have seen things about a model 6-54, and even have an manual on a 34C. But HE hasn't even seen a picture of the restored car. <P>I know the engine is similar to the 34C, so I am doubtful to how really useable the car would be if it were restored. The 34C has push rods come out of the engine, connect with the rocker arm, then return back into the engine. Under this mess are some very ugly spark plugs. I do not imagine spark plug wires and push rods "play" well together. <P>Anyway, any information the vehicle, the useability, pictures, or input on if the car is worth restoring would be appreciated.<P>(I posted this on POCI, but this is a much more lively bunch!!!)<P>THanks,<P>cj

Guest c.johnson

Ok,<P>I'll post my own reply. If anyone is interested, the model 6-44 turns out to be a 1922 or 1923, not a 1927. It is a 3 tone runabout coupe. I hope to start working on it by the end of the month.<P>Thanks Jerry in Alaska (POCI) for all your input.<P>cj

• 12 years later...