Silver Arrow 99 Riviera

Guest vwdubb

Guest vwdubb

I noticed that Buick Racer from Flint,Mi has a 99 Silver Arrow Riviera. I don't think that I have ever seen one. Are they all silver? How can you disguinish one traveling down the road or parked for that matter? Were there a lot of 99 Rivieras in general built in the last production year? Sorry for all the dumb questions but my curioisity has got the best of me. Thanks for any posts and replies. Mike

87 Grand National, 89 LeSabre T, 90 Reatta Rag, 90 Reatta Rag, 91 Reatta Coupe, 07 Vous CXL, etc...

They were a limited edition of the soon to be canceled Riviera. They are easy to identify ... Silver Arrow logo on both sides of the car and probably on the inside.

There is probably a link to the "special" car.

There were only 4200+ Buick Rivieras produced for 1999 (end of its 36 yr run). I think production stopped by Nov, 1998. The last 200 Riv's to come off the line were the Silver Arrows. Along w/ the outside logos, the sequential "X of 200" label was affixed to the passenger side dash of each. I believe they included every option available as standard issue. All were silver just like the boattail silver arrow of 1973.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 55chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is one in Iowa, #133 for sale now on Buick Buy/Sell forum, $6900, wish I had the money, they had 'Silver Arrow' floor mats.

http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/ub...er_A#Post588971 </div></div>

That's Alan Oldfield, BCA National CHief Judge, wife's car, he still has another.

I saw Al's Silver Arrow, when he dropped-by the farm to see an '88 LeSabre T-Type behind the barn. He decided to get a Reatta instead.

I loved his Riv, and would love to own one of these beautiful cars. One of the nicest Buicks to ever grace my driveway, that was'nt a Reatta.

I first met Alan at the 2005 BCA Midwest regionals, hosted by the Chicago chapter in Lincolnshire, IL. He awarded me each of the 3 trophies I took home for my 3 Reatta entries that day.