New member intro

Guest PJM30144

Guest PJM30144

Hi all.

I am a new member in Kennesaw Ga.

My name is Patrick. I have purchased my first Reatta about a month ago. A 91 red with saddle interior. She is in great shape 117000 miles. I am the 3rd owner, purchased originally and remained in Tampa Fl. She has a new paint job. It's nice (shiny) but still a budget paint job. I have done the following.

New plugs and wires, air filter, oil and filter, A/C system complete and windshield wipers. She drove great from Tampa to Kennesaw, solid and no problems. I paid $3500.00. I am familier with the forum and have used all your great advice in the past as my X wife has a two 90's One currently for sale. I look foward to more great advice from all of you.

Happy Easter.

Best regards,

Patrick

Welcome the online "World of Reatta" and congratulations on your recent acquisition of a '91 Reatta!

Be sure to visit the Buick Club of America website, and submit your application for membership. Then, apply for membership to the BCA/Reatta Division, dedicated exclusively to Reatta owners.

AND....

Please post some pix of your Reatta for us all to enjoy.

Guest PJM30144

Here is a pic. Before anyone says anything, the side trim is black but the front and back bumpers are red and I do not know why she had them paint it this way. I have looked at pics of all red trim and all black and mine side by side and I like it this way. There is no accounting for taste as they say so for now I am leaving it this way. I re painted the center caps with the correct sparkle silver they came out great

post-61239-143138063142_thumb.jpg

Welcome! I've had my 1990 Coupe since I bought it new. It looks better to me every year. Since it looks like new, people think it is. People look at it and look puzzled, as they think it is a new auto, but cant place it. When I tell them it is 19 years old, they cant believe it. So if you like your new one half as much as I like mine, you will be a member for a long time. If it wasn't for this web site, I'm not sure I would have been able to keep it.

Guest PJM30144

Thanks to Drake and Bobwhite. I love my Reatta I want to sleep in it at night. This may sound crazy but I have got up in the middle of the night to go in the garage ad see if it is still there! Thought I heard a noise I guess! Think I have Reattaitis!?

Guest PJM30144

Thanks again guys!

Question how many bounces should I get on a strut bounce check? I think mine are ok not sure if ever replaced.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My "family" is up to 5 and I am still looking for cousin "Polo". </div></div>

You're halfway to double-digits Steve, keep up the good work!

I finally found Black Beauty's little sister last year at the BCA Nationals, in Flint, MI. Shame there wasn't an opportunity for a "Reunion".

Guest spyhunter2k

1.5" rear drop --> custom two-leafed metal transverse leaf spring that replaces the factory composite one.