Colorado, Whos going ?

Bill Stoneberg

Whos going to Colorado but more importantly, if your not going, why not ?

Gas is cheap this year, at least compared to the previous 2 years. So why not this year ?

I am going and plan on trailering or driving one of my cars.

Its only 900 miles for me, a short trip compared to Seattle or Flint.

I will be trailering with my 38 From Vancouver WA via I-84 to I-80 through Cheyenne & then I-25 south to Colorado Springs.

It is is 1340 miles one way for us on that route and I am allowing three days to get there. Others are welcome to join us on the way or contact Dean Eldridge of the North Cascade Chapter to join their five day caravan via I-90.

Guest imported_Thriller

Ellie will be in the lap of luxury in the trailer behind Max...no stone chips or broken headlights for her like the '41 in Seattle.

We're in the 1100 mile range again...if it were just me, it would be a 2 day trip, but to keep the family placated, we'll take 3. We're trying to figure out what all we want to see around Rapid City, SD / Rushmore / Badlands on the way back.

Um, yes, we're going.

Guest Reatta1

I'll be driving Black Beauty there from Central Oregon. Plan is to meet a couple others somewhere on the Interstate in Oregon and caravan through Salt Lake City, across southern Wyoming and then south through Denver.

My wife and I will attend with our '59 Electra. We'll have at least seven '59 Buicks leaving the Seattle area together, bound for Colorado Springs.

Dean and Linda Eldridge have organized the caravan, and will be driving their freshly-restored '57 Roadmaster convertible. Jack and Lynnette Saylor will be driving their BCA Gold Senior '55 Roadmaster 76R. There will be several others, including some travel companions flying in from Australia, and we'll be joined in Montana by Tom Crystal, driving his '60 LeSabre convertible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be driving Black Beauty there from Central Oregon. Plan is to meet a couple others somewhere on the Interstate in Oregon and caravan through Salt Lake City, across southern Wyoming and then south through Denver </div></div>

Before you commit to that route, talk to Bill Stoneberg as that was his route on the Seattle trip 2 years ago. I took the southern route: I-70 to US-6 to Provo and it was much cooler and scenic and I would recommend Provo as a place to stop. The only trouble I had with that route was when I got caught on US-6 behind a 26 car/truck caravan of mexican migrant workers going as hard as they could at 45 mph.

Oh yeah, I will be driving the 55 in the avatar, but probably no caravan with other Texas Road Warriors.

Willie

I'm going in my 55. My folks, wife, and son will be going "with" me following behind in my dad's new Impala. They will all be taking turns with me in the 55. I'm planning on arriving on Thursday evening and finding some good grub with you delinquents. Hopefully Peyton will bring his credit card again and feel generous after a few libations!

The only thing I have to so other than minor tuneup things is add some back seatbelts for The Woodster...

Boring Boring Boring.... If you like hot dry and boring landscapes thats the way to go. Whatever you do, Rawlings Wy is NOT the place to stay. Its a hell hole with a Travel Lodge the reeks. Avoid it like you would your drunken buddy when your out on a date with your girlfriend.

Go the way Willie recommends much prettier and cooler.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoneberg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whos going to Colorado but more importantly, if your not going, why not ? </div></div>

Without a major stroke of financial good luck, I just cannot afford the trip. I figured it would be 4 days out and 4 more back plus the time out there, and I just don't have the discretionary funds to pull it off. I sure do wish we could make it.

sadly;

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wildcat65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going. I put a highway friendly gear back in my 65 Wildcat convertible and the a/c is working too. I thought the cruise was working, I have to get that fixed all the way.

1173 miles to get out there!

I'm looking forward to seeing Colorado again!

Ted </div></div>

We're planning on bringing the whole family along for the ride in the '59 Invicta. Trying to arrange a caravan with some other midwestern B-59 owners. Probably meet up in the St. Louis area and caravan out from there.

Ted, if you're AC is working, my wife and kids might want to jump ship and ride with you. The '59 is going to be HOT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoneberg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whos going to Colorado but more importantly, if your not going, why not ?

Gas is cheap this year, at least compared to the previous 2 years. So why not this year ?

I am going and plan on trailering or driving one of my cars.

Its only 900 miles for me, a short trip compared to Seattle or Flint. </div></div>

Would love to be there Bill but the Aussie$ is still struggling against the US$, maybe next year.

Our local club president and his wife, Alan and Lois HAIME are going so keep an eye out for them and say G'day!!

Of course the Aussie Nationals are being held in Victoria exactly 12 months from now, maybe some of you guys can drop down. Hoping Brian Flynn from the Victorian club will post more details for you soon.

Probably not going. It seems I can only afford close-by Nationals. We went to Rochester, Minnesota. I went to Plano 4-5 years ago but my brother lived there and we stayed with him. Went to St Louis when I lived 65 miles away.

I had told my wife about this as a summer vacation. We were going to take AmTrak (Derek = railroad in U.S.A.) from Osceola, Iowa to Denver, Colorado. Rent a minivan or such to drive to Colorado Springs.

We spotted a sweet rate for the 3 of us on AmTrak about 3 months ago. But when you add in $40 per day for a rental car, $75-80 per day for lodging, food and events, I can't afford it.

It's a great destination. I used to live in Cheyenne, Wyoming and I love the American West. Maybe next year. I know one thing - those old timers that moved to Arizona and New Mexico need to fill up the show field with nice old Buicks previously not seen on the National stage.

Dear Lucille, I am so glad you are coming to Colorado Springs! You will be one of the prettiest cars there being a 4 door flat roof 59 Buick Invicta. You see this is your 50th birthday, and you will be highly featured along with your other 59 Buick siblings coming as well. I just hope your master will let me ride in you for old times sake. You see I was raised by one like you except she was an Artic White color. See you in Colorado Springs where you really will be a hot item! Charles D. Barnette

Guest DELTAWINGFLYER

As part of the Centurion Caravan from the North West my Wife and two teenage boys in tow ,

will be flying two 59 DeltaWings a Electra Coupe,and a original LeSabre Estate Wagon,

driven by my Wife,

she wanted to take her 59 Invicta convertibe,but the Wagon just needs to be there ...

Guest DELTAWINGFLYER

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charles D. Barnette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would crawl through glass all the way from Texas to see that 59 Buick LeSabre Estate Wagon! Charles </div></div>

Charles I think you just quallifed as a B-59 pilot...

Glad to hear the enthusiasm about attending Colorado Springs.

The Board met there in February and the host hotel is great. We have lots of room. Bill Darrow has confirmed that Buick IS sending cars from the Heritage Collection.

They will have a inside room on the main floor.

The hospitality room will have drinks and snacks. The local people are doing a great job of handling their first National meet.

The judging adminstration area has plenty of room, and we have all the space we need for the show field, so bring your cars and lets have a great time in Colorado.

I plan on being there at least a day early so I don't miss a thing.