Sign in to follow this  
West Peterson

What happened to Rick

Does anyone have any news from Texas in regards to Rick? I haven't seen any posts or replies by him ("Speedster") for quite some time. I'm a little concerned.

West,

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I hope he is doing all right. I have no contact information for him to query his status.

West,Kev and anyone else interested —

I sent the PM below to Rick on 1/24/09 and have received no reply. Because I have no other means to correspond with the man other than through this forum that is where I have had to leave it. I am concerned as well about his welfare.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Rick —

How is the recovery from your stroke coming along? Are you back working on your cars? I admired the work you shared with us on the forum very much, and I hope that you are up to it again. I look forward to seeing more of it, and wish I had the skills to do half as well. I have noticed that you are typing well again and that must be a good sign.

Best Wishes,

Pete P. (pflaumer1@eartlink.net)

Hello everyone,

Thanks for asking,

I'm doing well, my hand is slowly improving.

I just changed hobbies for a while.

I've built RC ships all my life but never diving Submarines, so though I'd give that a try.

I recently finished one and have 2 others in work.

One is 66" long with working torpedo launchers and onboard video camera/transmitter.

They have been a fun challenge.

I plan to work on my Packards some, now that the weather is getting better.

I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am.

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rich,

Great to hear from you again. Please do post a photo of your sub. The work you did on your other RC Boats was amazing and I am sure you did some outstanding work on the Sub.

Weather here is starting to break but still not warm enough to be spraying frown.gif

Rick,

So is your submarine flotilla cruising White Rock Lake? I can imagine seeing a submarine surface on a lake might prompt some calls to Homeland Security especialy if you build them as realistic as I have seen of your preious work:D

Rick...most here thought the worst. Fortunatley that is not the case. Good to hear all is well. I am here to tell you.... being an outsider....there are few who can energize a room with his knowledge and passion of the Packard automobile. Want you to know I sold my 33 Victoria, in tact, to an Air Line pilot, who has it over to a shop getting a few things done so he can enjoy it this driving season. Also have listed my other two convertibles with Shawn Miller, Significant Cars...so they too may be put back to original and enjoyed. I will build out the two fiberglass 34's...convertible coupe and victoria convertible ...I bought from Dwight Bond. They are his last two cars. I may just buy a restored Packard this summer to enjoy myself. You never know !!!!

Rick,

Glad everything is getting better with you! Keep us all in the loop.

Thanks,