New member & owner of 1990 Reatta

Bushwack

Hi all - I wanted to introduce myself, I've been shopping for a Reatta for the past year, found this forum a few weeks ago and as of yesterday, became an owner of a 1990 White/Tan Reatta w/ 76,700 miles. All but 200 miles were driven by a women in her retirement years.

As expected, I'm having issues with the headlamps opening and have already ordered parts to replace it (the motors work). Other then needing a new a/c compressor (ouch - it leaks but still blows cold), my trusted mechanic gave the car a thumbs up (I had all the fluids flushed/drained/filled). In a couple weeks I'll give it an interior/exterior detailing (the interior is truly like new. Very, very little wear and NO tears!). Car will also get a full set of tires and then happy motoring. As an additional Sunday driver, I'm looking forward to many years of happy motoring.

Welcome to the forum! You will find great people here that will help you with most anything Reatta related.

I would have second thoughts about replacing an A/C compressor that is still cooling. More than likely it is the seal behind the compressor clutch that is leaking. It can be replaced without changing the whole compressor. Special tools that any good A/C technician should have would be needed to do the job.

Good luck with your new car!

Good luck with your new purchase.

Just watch out for those little old ladies in their retirement years. I'm married to one of em and she can post some pretty low times at the strip.

Tom T.

Welcome!

I'd be proud to serve as your sponsor to the BCA/Reatta Division.

Owners of exclusive collectible cars should be members of the exclusive car clubs their cars qualify them for!

Post some pix of your new acquisition!

Happy Motoring! I hope to meet you at a BCA event, the Nats are in Colorado Springs this year, a wonderful, scenic drive- meant for Reatta.

Like previously mentioned, flush your brake fluid, this should be an annual excersize for ANY car with anti-lock brakes.

Hello I 2 am new to the sight and is also a Reatta owner of a year now. I own four reatta's and am quietly injoying them. I found that I truly love the hell out of these cars. I can go on for ever so hello for now and I will be posting soon.

Well my first Reatta is a 1990 Select Sixty, second one is a 1991 convertable blk camel interior, 1990 convertable maroon camel interior, daily driver 1991 silver grey interior. I am in the process of getting ridid of my daily driver and replacing it with another reatta.