fog lights come on when a/c cycles 91 reatta

red head1228

its really hard to understand putting a cd/ in a car could make cycle fog ligt i see why you wouldnt want to adjust the radio until the ac stops operation of the lights it has got to be something else i would think a lot be for tearing into that exsperience some times the can be hard to reassemble your welcom

Ha ha ... Ronnie you have a good sense of humor...

I am just going to guess but with the fog light switch on the console (91) model, someone may have tapped into the wiring at the switch when they put the CD in... I would check that first... KennyV.

Guest Ragtop

Are your fog lights on full or only half bright. I had a car where the parking lights were on half bright and the mechanic traced it down to a faulty ground on one of the accessories so the ground went back through the lights.

I had a phone call from a Reatta owner yesterday that had a similar gremlin.... his parking lights came on anytime the key was in the RUN position.

I suspect something has gotten hot, melted a wire and there is a short between two wires. I will look at the service manual later.

If the fog lights are on then fog and parking lights will come on and off with the key.

I have not tried it but there is an option setting for the BCM that will make the fog lights act like DRLs.

Try this........

(1) with the key OFF, turn on the fog lights. Does the A/C clutch pick?

(2) with the key ON, turn on the fog lights. Does the A/C

clutch pick?

This will give a clue to where the problem might be.