Buicks & Bluebonnets Show, Salado, Texas photos

Pete Phillips

Guest imported_MrEarl

MAN WHAT A TEASE!!! WHERE THE HELL IS THE REST OF THAT FIRST PICTURE!!! An air conditoned 54 Roadmaster. Ain't that a beautiful sight in and of itself though?!!! That beautiful riviera roofline layig so gracefully on the rear deck, complete with those clear AC tubes and Blue Cordaveen seats showing through the back curved glass.

Please tell me you know who the owner is.

What Pete is too modest to tell is that he won 1st place with one of his cars.

He found a beautiful car at a swap meet a few weeks ago and drove it down. Look at the 2nd picture and his is the yellow one with the four holes and the hood up. I am not too good with those early mid 60 cars unless its a Riviera.

Amazing story about the car and an absolutly beautiful well maintained "survivor". I believe he said it had just a little over 23 K miles on it.

The 54 belongs to a couple in the San Antonio club.

The "Best of Show" went to the Grey 39 Convertible in the 3rd picture that had just finished a restoration. Beautiful car. It also won the "Hard Luck" as his wife left the key on and it had to get pushed onto the show field from the trailer.

Lamar,

The '54 Roadmaster 76R is owned by Hugh Morris of San Antonio. He has a very low 3-digit BCA # and is a really nice guy. I sat next to him at dinner during the meet. I think I have a photo of his whole car from a previous year's meet. It's the black & white one, of course.

Pete

post-33059-143138060912_thumb.jpg

post-33059-143138060931_thumb.jpg

When I looked at the first picture I immediately wondered what Mr Earl would say, now I know.

Bill, your car must still be on the injured list since I was unable to pick it out.

I don't know where Pete was able to find that '62 Electra but he has a way of sniffing them out.

The '39 Special Convertible looks great.

Wonderful pictures Pete.

Stevo

shocked.gif Looky There. Looks like them Texacan's have leaves on the trees and are already mowing grass. shocked.gif No leaves up here in the great white north yet, and the song of the lawn mower has yet to be heard. Give it about 3 or 4 weeks and that will change. whistle.gif Dandy Dave!

Guest imported_Thriller

A baby Skylark in the mix too.

Very nice.

Bill, I don't recall getting my annual invitation wink.gif I have trouble keeping track of when these things are, you know.

One of these years I'll get down there just to get a bit of a break from the snow and remind myself what greenery actually looks like....

BJM, You are correct, the 1939 Convertible is Cecil Miles's wonderful Buick. I believe it took best of show. He and his wife Fran are fine. He gets around a bit slow these days but, hey, he gets around. What a character. The North Texas Chapter is driving to his place in June for a meeting.

post-31046-14313806132_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143138061325_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143138061329_thumb.jpg

post-31046-14313806133_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143138061334_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Phillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lamar,

The '54 Roadmaster 76R is owned by Hugh Morris of San Antonio. He has a very low 3-digit BCA # and is a really nice guy. I sat next to him at dinner during the meet. I think I have a photo of his whole car from a previous year's meet. It's the black & white one, of course.

Pete </div></div>Thanks for the info Pete, I'd love to talk to them about the car and the AC. That is an awesome front end shot of the most beautiful grille ever. smile.gif

There were some beautiful Buicks there. Thanks for all the pictures guys.

I took the 64 Riviera that is in the pictures as the 47 is still in the "Beauty Shop".

Maybe Mike doesn't have to edge but I spent an hour with the, devils own invention, the weedwhacker Sunday before mowing the lawn. I hate that damn thing, I swore I was going toss it last year but I mellowed over the winter. Now I remember why I hated that particular one.