DF'ers Make a Clean Sweep at AutoFair

Our own Wayne and Terry, the Click & Clack Brothers of the Forum, show how easy

it is to get an award at a national spring meet.

DFers_at_Charlotte_2009.jpg

Larger, click once after opening.

When it comes to awards, it pays to have friends in high places. Too bad nobody told Wayne

that this was the SE Spring Meet at AutoFair, and not the Augusta National.

Rumor has it that Tiger Woods is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">furious!</span></span>

TG

TG, that comment will have a letter sent from DC first thing Monday, you watch. cool.gif

It was a pleasure meeting you and sharing a little up close time. I had a great time this weekend making new friend and enjoying the hobby. It was a special show with just over 360 cars. I'd like to see this Meet grow bigger, as it certainly has that potential. wink.gif

Thanks for the picture, Tom.

Wayne

Wayne,

It was great meeting you and Terry, hooking up with other DF'ers. At the end of AutoFair on Sunday, when my DPC '57 Roadmaster was released from its display duty, I saw a guy and his three sons leaving the Pavillion area.

Asking if they needed a ride to their car (they got there late, like 3:15, and had seen little of the event), the reply was a resounding, "YES!"

They were parked near Smith Tower, and I couldn't resist putting Dad in the driver's seat and snapping their photo.

Roiadmistress_Smith_Tower1X.jpg

Larger

The relatively short ride in the Roadmistress made their day, and mine, too!

TG

That type of thing is special Tom. We had a round table discussion about sharing rides in our old cars, although we were speaking of the younger folk. It'll work for the older ones too. wink.gif

I found this Lola (not the girl) interesting. The owner told me that he found it in Michigan. The Penske colors and that big block Chevy fascinated me, like the Days back in 1967 when I used to watch them race at Laguna Sega.

Wayne

post-31395-143138060647_thumb.jpg

A couple of vehicles belonging to folks I recognized from the forum, Novaman's Nova and George V.O.'s Suburban.

TG, I enjoyed meeting you but didn't get over to the Pavillion to see your Roadmaster. Any others here whose cars I might have photographed?

Don Lynskey

post-36901-143138061212_thumb.jpg

post-36901-143138061215_thumb.jpg