35-38 Pontiac Transmission for sale

michel88

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bob Call

Woody:

Thanks for reloading the pics. I have what appears to be this same trans, and a spare top plate and shift lever, except the tailshaft housing on mine is for an open drive shaft and this appears to be for a torque tube drive. The guy I got mine from over 40 years ago said he thought it was from a 36 Olds. I took a set of gears out of a 48 Pontiac box that was broken and they appeared to be identical to the gears in this old box. The late 30s, 40s and early 50s Cad-LaSalle-Olds stamped steel throw out bearing collar fits these boxes. So they could be Pontiac, Olds or Buick. Cad-LaSalle are bigger and a lot stronger than these boxes.

Mine is for sale or trade for 1st generation Chrysler hemi after market (hot rod) parts.

• 3 months later...

If someone needs a transmission for a 35-38 Pontiac this is a great deal. For the price it would be great to have just as a spare. My friend who has it always sells good parts at bargain prices. The engine in my 40 Buick was from him for only $250 and after a rebuild (no rebore, original bearings good) it runs great. Just thought I would bring this back to the top.