Unrestored cars/trucks

Guest Model T Nick

Guest Model T Nick

Does anyone else enjoy looking at the unrestored vehicles on the Model T Haven website as much as I do. I like to see what has happen to them over the years and see all the wear and tear on them. Most are Model T's but a lot are other makes.

Not only enjoy looking at original well driven vehicles but own one. While not a T it still is a Ford, 1952 flathead that ran around my area for years. It was painted (cheaply) some time ago and has the usual bondo in the front fenders and original 6 volt positive ground system but still goes down the road (smoking or spraying for bugs as I call it). Have plans to clean it up some day down the road but for now having too much fun (just need to stay at the back of the pack)!

post-36036-143138060889_thumb.jpg

<----

Not a F***. Not restored. Doesn't smoke. Starts right up. Drives well.

Needs painting. Contributions gratefully accepted. grin.gif

I bought a car off Model T Haven's website and yes it is nice to see those cars every once in a while. They pull some amazing things out of the Kansas countryside.

Also Model Ts are not the hot collectible they were 20 to 30 years ago so businesses like Model T Haven should be commended. They have a stash of parts, services and resources to restore a T in an age when the muscle car rules.

Here is a 1928 Dodge Victory six. At the time of the photos the odo showed 12,169. Original paint, interior, top, runningboard covers, I did replace the tires, belt, hoses. The front floor mat was a crispy as a cracker. This is my defination of a survivor.

Guest palosfv3

I'm currently awakening a 18,000 mile, original owner, 1960 Facel Vega HK500 from a 47 year sleep. I forgot to run off a couple of overall pics before we started work. I have a detailed pics on my hosting site of this car as our work is progressing. It is interesting to note the type of damage that can occur from long periods of even climate controled storage. We are not restoring this car it really doesnt need that much on the exterior, just replacing seals rubber parts and fixing some small areas . I 'll post finished pics once things are done .

http://picasaweb.google.com/wgmauto/HugoAlpersFacelVegaHK500#