Someones daily driver

Guest ZondaC12

Yeah International frame/drivterain...looks like some other coachbuilder maybe one thats based over there.

Make no mistake, over here that sure doesnt happen either!!! I do occssionally see old short buses built off of Ford E-Series and Chevrolet 20 and 30 series utility vans owned by people as a daily driver or to haul stuff...but definitely not a full sized bus! Wow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZondaC12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah International frame/drivterain...looks like some other coachbuilder maybe one thats based over there.

Make no mistake, over here that sure doesnt happen either!!! I do occssionally see old short buses built off of Ford E-Series and Chevrolet 20 and 30 series utility vans owned by people as a daily driver or to haul stuff...but definitely not a full sized bus! Wow. </div></div>

Looks like a regular old BlueBird or Thomas body to me... were you referring to the rear door on the right side? It's a wheelchair door - Montgomery County MD has many just like it.

DK

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldsDoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZondaC12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah International frame/drivterain...looks like some other coachbuilder maybe one thats based over there.

Make no mistake, over here that sure doesnt happen either!!! I do occssionally see old short buses built off of Ford E-Series and Chevrolet 20 and 30 series utility vans owned by people as a daily driver or to haul stuff...but definitely not a full sized bus! Wow. </div></div>

Looks like a regular old BlueBird or Thomas body to me... were you referring to the rear door on the right side? It's a wheelchair door - Montgomery County MD has many just like it.

DK</div></div>

Nahhhh just some of the design of things like the front door etc...then again I can't claim to be familiar with all of thomas' and bb's coaches!!! laugh.gif And "Rossignol" figured if that was there that would be a manufacturer's name.

My high school did have one with a wheelchair elevator in back like that, the bus was actually about 3/4 the length of a normal one, and white top and all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZondaC12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And "Rossignol" figured if that was there that would be a manufacturer's name. </div></div>

It is, with that logo and all, of skis and snowboards and associated clothing. Must be some sort of corporate thing.

Paul

It is an International from about the mid ninetys. It has a Ward body. The give away to the body's ID is the slanted curve on the bottom of the windshield. I do not know of another manufacturer that curved the glass. Everyone else used a rectangle shaped windshield glass as far as I know.

Guest Paul Christ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the U.S., or at least Ohio, you cannot use a school bus for private purposes until after the removal of the "School Bus" words and the flashing lights. I believe the swing-out "Stop" sign also has to be removed. </div></div>

Here's another piece of fun trivia, Maryland Vehicle Law states that "no other vehicle designed for carrying passengers may be painted national school bus yellow or a closely approximate color". This may be the case in other states as well.