Lining for a convertible top?

DoubleG

I had a discussion with Tom Myers about my convertible top today and he brought to my attention that he thought that an original top for a 1924 touring was black with a lighter colored lining. He thought maybe white or tan? The top that I am looking to replace is pretty old but I doubt original. It is all black, inside and out. Does anyone know what the original convertible tops looked like? Also do any of you guys have a photo of the side curtains and rods for the same car? I don't have any to copy.

Thanks for any help or info!

G.G.

ROMAR sells the Black Vinyl top material that has the tan/lighter color on the inside. It is the best I have found to match what I think would be original. Also, it is one piece of material, not a separate liner on the inside.

You'll have to call and talk to them because it is not in the catalog yet.

Romar Inc.

3640 State Route 8 South

Titusville, PA 16354

(814) 827-7601

(814) 827-7161 FAX

888-827-7601 ORDERS ONLY

romardb@zoominternet.net

http://www.geocities.com/romardb/index.html

This is all great info but my question is, is the black top with a lighter colored liner correct for a touring rolling of the assembly line in 1924? Or is this just a personal choice that we are making for our cars today? I have heard that if a car does not have the lighter colored liner, Dodge Brothers judges are taking points away. Who knows what is correct?

Thanks again!

Hello,

I have been going to Hershery Show for the past 30+years,

All top material on the DB four cylinder Touring and Roadster had the black over tan material.Here is a interesting note starting with car #300264 overlaping to car # 300845 was the start of "RUBBERIZED TOP MARERIAL" This would be Dec.1919.So all cars before this date would be canvist top materal.I know I have seen cars below 1919 with the Rubberized material win in the AACA judgeing But with the above info taken from the 9Th ed. MASTER PARTS LIST. It seems that the AACA judges don't have this information.

Until next time,

Vern