????? Anyone notice the change in Antique Automobile?

Dizzy,

To each his own. I own several of the hats with the official logo (what you call the old logo)... But I have no plans to buy anything with that new design.

It does not upset me that others like the new design, but I just don't personally care for it.

I have mixed feeling about both logos.

First the "old” official logo.

To change the logo would require a change of our by-laws.

"ARTICLE 10 - MISCELLANEOUS

Section 10.2. Emblem (Logo). The emblem (logo) of AACA shall be oval-shaped, with a facsimile of the 1895 Duryea automobile in the center and the inscription “Antique Automobile Club of America” and “Founded Nov. 1935” upon the circumference hereof, as per the trademark registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, as set forth below:

Note: at time one, maybe still is and I can't find it at the moment, the logo is/was to be blue on gold background.

I like the logo, it's "tried and true" and it's been our image for years. The downside to it is, if you have now knowledge of AACA and see our official logo, you know we are about antique cars and really old ones. After all compare these logos, not thinking about the clubs, which one includes newer cars?

Hccalogotrylg210.jpgaaca400.jpg

Both look like they serve the owners of horseless carriages. If the person seeing that logo, has a 50's, 60's, 70's, or 80's car, without more knowledge they are likely to move and look elsewhere for a club.

The “advertising logo”:

At first sight I hated it, but it quickly grew on me. I'm not saying I'm in love with cause I do have a personal issue with it.

When I look at the logo, I see a club for 30's thru 70's cars and also see it as a club for expensive cars as I see a Dusenburg, Something resembling a Ford Thunderbolt and a 70's Cuda. At least this logo when someone with no AACA knowledge gets the impression we are about cars of various years. My issue is I feel the car on the left is not old enough. if it resembled more of the Duryea, or at least a Ford T, I feel it would make it appear more of a club for 70's back thru the teen/ 00's.

I believe this logo was designed not to try to change who we are, as much as it was to change the first impression of us to others that are unfamiliar with AACA.

Remember, logos are an abbreviated way of advertising who you are. If we were a pizza place and were creating a logo for internet and print with an image on it, why would we want to advertise with and image of a plain cheese pizza? We’d be better to show the pizza loaded with toppings, showing the customer (potential member in our case) yes, they can have it all if they come to us. That’s what this advertising logo is about.

I just looked at the merchandise page while writing this, and I believe I might just purchase a shirt with the new logo with driving through the decades on the back.

post-30767-14313805888_thumb.jpg

Novaman,

That is a pretty good assessment. I guess the Logo, is a good statement of where we came from, but not a very good image for advertising who we are to potential members with "newer" old cars.

I also think that you may have hit on why I don't care for the new advertising image. I realized that it did not represent the era of cars that appeal most to me, but I had not given too much thought to exactly why I did not like it.

Perhaps in the future some other additional advertising logos could also be developed that include some cars from the 20's, 30's, and 40's or something similar. That is probably something that I would consider buying.