Hub Puller Tool Mystery 1920's/1930's

Guest oldodgeboys

Guest oldodgeboys

Please see the pictures for a mystery Hub Puller Tool I recently came across.

The "(circle)D I" cast into the tool was identified as possibly being Duro/Indestro.

It looks like the threads fit a 2 1/2 inch diameter hub. There is no clamp bolt or slot on the outside of the tool.

I sure would like to see this tool go to the correct car.

thanks

Gus C.

oldodgeboys@yahoo.com

post-58025-143138058331_thumb.jpg

post-58025-143138058333_thumb.jpg

post-58025-143138058336_thumb.jpg

I have 1 of this the same size. I have used it on my 1928 Hupmobile with wooden spoke wheels. Jack the wheel off the ground and support it with a jack stand. Remove the hub cap. Remove the cotter pin. Take the axle nut off. Screw the puller on in place of the hub cap. Hold the wheel and screw the square nut on the puller to the right and the spoke wheel will come off.

Guest oldodgeboys

Thanks for the info Hupp36.

Is your puller exactly the same, or is it only the same size? Do you know which other Hupps this would fit?

Gus

Guest imported_brian j

Hi. Brian here. I have a Studebaker that takes a hub removal tool like this. I'll measure my hub tomorrow and let you know.

Gus Hupp used so many different size diameter threaded hub caps its hard to say how many it would fit. When I get back home I will look it up as I have all the thread sizes in my Hupmobile books. I am not sure of the markings but I know its the same size. I am what the Floridians call a snow bird. I wil be flying home in April. Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gus Fl is nice, but its not home. Here's the skinny. I checked the books and your wheel puller will work on the following Hupmobiles 1928 A&M with wood or disc wheels and 1930 S with wood wheels. Hope this helps. The N.H. Hupp Nutt Chuck