Anyone else getting spam now?

Guest CL_Reatta

Guest CL_Reatta

Is there anyone else who is now getting spam in their e-mail inbox after that spammer came to our forum? Because every morning my spam folder has about 5 spam messages in it now.

Guest jcrules78

CL, are you talking about your personal email account or something linked to this forum? If it is the personal one you are talking about, I all of a sudden in the past week or more have been getting one to three spam emails a day from random names trying to offer me reduced drug prices and it is totally pissing me off.

JCRULZ

Guest jcrules78

I have a friggin spam blocker as well as a new Norton product that scans and eliminates spam, but these particular versions of spam somehow get by. Every competent computer user has a spam blocker nowadays Matt, this isn't 1996, so why don't you save your wise comments.

JCRULZ

Guest CL_Reatta

I have spam filters as well on my account, but I still dont like needing to empty my spam folder, and checking thru it all to make sure there isnt something I need.....never got this amount of spam until after the post of those shoes or whatever was posted here the other day

You’re correct. I didn’t think this through and that my

insensitive question would so infuriate you. I sincerely

apologize. Let me rephrase the question:

Do any of you gentlemen have a capable, effective and

up to date spam blocker installed on your computer that

will also block spam at the server?

matthewlawe

89 White/Blue

Guest CL_Reatta

My problem is that the e-mail account I am referring to is also my "business" account, and so I cant stop any e-mails from coming in because sometimes a question from a buyer gets flagged as spam.

The best way to prevent spam is to NOT post your email address on the Internet. I see a lot of people post their email address here when they want someone to contact them. That is a big mistake. There are web bots that are constantly sweeping forums for email address that are put into spam email lists.

I don't know any way someone could get your email address by posting spam on this forum.. The only way someone could get your email address off this forum if for them to find it in a post, in your public profile or hack the forum software. If they hack the software they would have everyone's email address that is a member here.

CL, the way they got your email is by looking at your profile. Your email address is right there for the whole world to see. Web bots grab those automatically and stick them in a spam list. I highly recommend you and everyone else remove your email address from your profile or disguise it someway.

Guest CL_Reatta

What I was thinking as well, but I still like to keep my e-mail up there in case someone wants to get me though, I suppose getting a few spam a day is still better than not being able to be contacted for something