Trying to figure out which model lucas horn would have been around in the late 1950's though the early 1960's. It is a 12 volt system. It looks something like a motor cycle horn but I believe they were also used on cars. The horn is basically a plain painted horn. The kicker is, I need it for a 1960 Fordson Power Major tractor. The Fordson (CNH) part number is 81718448 (No longer avalible) if that gives any clue. I've been on the tractor forum and no one seems to know. cry.gif I thought you British car guys would have an idea. smile.gif Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Bob Call

Dave

Check out some of the Austin Healey sites. I have a 54 Healey and it has dual loud and difference sounding horn. I don't know the brand.

• 4 months later...
Try the Triumpn TR6 listing at Roadster factory: Roadster Factory: Steering Column Switches And Horns :TR6 Assembly Manual Volume 2 (page 28)

Bob Beers

AACA, VCCA, VTR, TRA, CPTC

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BWM 633CSi

The Roadster Factory, and all other LBC parts houses, sell only aftermarket horns which reproduce as much as possible the look and sound of the original horn.

Clear Hooters went out of business in the mid-1970s, and NOS Clear Hooters parts are as rare as hen's teeth. Even the later Lucas horns are almost impossible to find as NOS pieces. I've been shopping for early TR6 parts since 1990, and 6 years ago at Hershey I found the only NOS Clear Hooters horn I've ever seen. It's a low note horn for 1970-1972 TR6s, and is not the same # as Dave's Fordson horn.

I'm attaching a photo just to show what the box looks like. It may have changed several times over the years, I don't know. This is the only Clear Hooters Horn box I've seen shopping dozens of British swap meets over the years.

post-30638-143138121606_thumb.jpg