'90 convert - Window motor or switch problems

Guest xerxes

Guest xerxes

I have a '90 convert(red/saddle) I'm getting ready to sell and need help troubleshooting a window problem. The passenger window will not go down with either the driver's or passenger side switch. Are there any connections to check under the seat or anywhere else before I pull off the door panel?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Guest CL_Reatta

Well, the switch assembly will come out without taking the door apart, remove the trim and remove the screws and test the switches, probably will need to take the door panel off since it would be very ironic that both switches for only the passenger side is not working

Guess you don't know if it will go UP until you get it DOWN.

You can try unplugging the connector at the drivers side switch. The wires jumper to the passanger side from there.

When you have the switch off, you can probe the connector with your 12V battery charger to see if you can get the motor to go down.

If it does not budge, you will need to remove the door panel. Before going further, unplug the connector on the front of the motor and replug and try the motor again.

If it still doesn't work, you need to replace the motor.

It is unlikely that the mechanism is jammed or stuck.

Need to try with helper - put hand on window with the door open and cycle - if motor tries to move you should hear/feel. Headlamp if on may also dim. Will determine if you are troubleshooting an eletrical or a "stuck" problem.