Wanted: Dust Caps

I'm lookin for a pair of new dust caps for my '71 Skylark. I've tried local parts stores with zero luck. Any help is appreciated.<P>Thanks,<P>CB/S<BR>

Diameter: 1 3/4 inches<BR>Height: 1 1/4 inches<P>End to Stop: 1/2 inch<P>The stop is the ridge on the outside.<P>I'm in SoCal, any info is appreciated.<P>CB/S<P>

Hi,<BR>You drove me nuts with this one. How HARD can it be to get a dust cap! I looked it up in my Buick parts book. Here is what i found.<BR>It is called a Cap, hub grease retainer.<BR>Buick p/n is 539153 and fits the following:<BR>61-64 40-41-42-4300 (Special, Skylark)<BR>65-72 All "A" (Special, Skylark) Also Chevelle/Cutlass/Lemans<BR>73-75 All "X" (Apollo, Skylark) AKA Chevy Nova!<BR>My book only goes to 75, so it is likely it fits later years as well.<BR>Try to find a parts store that will let you look at a Chevelle/Nova part and you should have the one you need.<BR>Sure seems like you got a major run around on what should be an easy part.<BR>Good Luck!<BR>Mark

Mark: Many Thanks! I'll print out those numbers and take 'em with me today smile.gif<P>Yea, I get the run around with most everything I think. Especially with the mundain parts, such as caps, wiper blades, gaskets, etc.. The stuff that should be easy to find. argh! Yet the harder parts, take a wiper motor, and other bigger components I have zero trouble with.<P>I wish there was One store in the Valley that had Everything. I wouldn't care where in the valley I had to drive, as long as I know they have everything. Heck, I'd even take Ventura County. Even Santa Clarita, provided I could make it there.<P>Enough babble. Many Thanks!!!<P>Buick Love,<P>Scott<BR>

• 3 years later...
Guest BuickGS65

Old Post - New Information

Part # 539153 is still a valid AC Delco part number. These dust caps are available from your dealership. But here is the catch: $8.40/each, and must be purchased in boxes of 10.

Check out the HELP! section of your local parts store. HELP! Dust Cap #13975 fits all of these applications (with 1 25/32" ID hubs). Price $3.49

Hope this helps...

Guest John Chapman

Cyber,

I've had pretty good luck with NAPA here in San Diego. If you can find the local master NAPA store up in the Valley, you should be OK, especially if you find one with some 'old hands' behind the counter. The store I used had the caps you need (they had 100s in a box!)... this was several years ago, but I think I paid about $3/ea with a AAA discount.

Cheers,

JMC