1937 Plymouth (?)

Guest MVince

Guest MVince

Yep, they are tight in there. The original owner died 30 years ago, and they haven't been touched/started since. From what I can tell, all original parts, even down to the upholstery and knobs on the dash.

Any idea what price this one would fetch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">people LOVE barn finds and pay MORE for them ... </div></div>

Yeah. I've noticed that it is better to sell stuff "as is" rather than spend time fixing and cleaning. Better yet if you can sell them where they sit. Then the buyers know that they are genuine "Barn Finds" And will have a story and photos to go with the finished product. I guess the real money is in the story that goes with the rescue of car, it is a who can top who kind of a tale. wink.gif Dandy Dave!

Guest MVince

This one is as true a barn find as can be. It was owned by a great-uncle who passed away some 30 years ago. They (the '37 & a '46) were his babies -- there were tools, filters, oil, polish, and various parts still stored near the cars, just the way he had left it, not moved since the 70's.

• 5 months later...

How would the value of this 2dr with the hump on the rear compare to a 2dr without the hump; if the two cars are in the same condition.

Would the 2dr model without the larger trunk be less valuable?

Just my opinion, but I would think the trunkless model would be more valuable because it is much less common. I'm not sure I've ever seen a trunkless one in person although I have seen photos.

Don

I agree.