Parting out 90 TC

Guest David Klimek

Guest David Klimek

Im just going to copy the thread i made on Turbo dodge on over here so everyone can be filled in..

So my sister was on my way to pick me up today from my moms after i got done working, and my mom gets a call. I dont know specific details since i myself wasnt there and was too furious (after i found out she was ok) to speak with her. I did end up going out to the scene of the accident, either she was hauling ass and ran her stop sign and got t-bone towards the rear of the car, or the car coming the intersecting direction was going way too fast and hit her. Either way she ended up getting hit by this car, my car cocked sideways in return...she jumped a curb, ****ED the curb, and reamed a good 10-15' of fencing down, continued to run over a huge bush which was the only thing that stopped her from falling into a pretty good size lake. I havent seen the car yet but its supposed to be pretty ****ed, most certainly totaled..and my mom only has liability insurance to boot. At the moment i am too stacked in bills, rent, etc to even think about purchasing another vehicle let alone a replacement TC. Guess i should have quit letting her drive it when i put the boost controller on it. :bash: Then to top things off i had the biggest [censored] towtruck guy who decided he wasnt going to follow his good sams directions and take it to my house like he was supposed to, instead he would take it to his shop and have me deal with it tomorrow (where im supposed to be up early to take care of stuff and be leaving for myrtle beach for spring break at 12pm)

All in all a HORRIBLE day, and another cool classic car down the drain. Just my luck frown.gif

Here is a picture of the car before hand...

n623929433_2198323_5900159.jpg

and the accident picture, im going to get day pictures tomorrow and pictures of the car as well...

n623929433_2198324_1834004.jpg

Keep your eyes out for a part out on a intercooled tII/maserati tc i guess frown.gif

Guest David Klimek

Here is what she looks like now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dklimek;1440950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">n1391190343_30551938_2883685.jpg

All the debris in my car...

n1391190343_30551939_1818444.jpg

n1391190343_30551940_5314034.jpg

n1391190343_30551941_769466.jpg

n1391190343_30551942_7516100.jpg

It's hard to see but towards the top is where the cv axle snapped

n1391190343_30551943_1353865.jpg

n1391190343_30551944_4634293.jpg

n1391190343_30551945_3837592.jpg

Its not a good picture, i didn't realize my friend was already snapping pics but its me trying to jam the end of the wire on the terminal where he cut my wires.

n1391190343_30551946_5418091.jpg</div></div>

The car doesnt run right now, it's a tII 2.2l with the larger garrett turbo, 126k on the motor but it never saw over stock boost till about two weeks ago when i put the boost controller on it, no burning oil or leaks. The computer got smashed so it wont let it turn over. The front left wheel is bent, i will see how hard it will be to get it to balance out..otherwise the other wheels are fine. Trunk is good, as you can see the interior is weathered but all the power options do work. Visors lit up, spare tire hatch works great and looks really good, i havent pulled much off the car yet but i will post pictures of what i have later tonight.

Also, i have all the books and the softtop is LIKE NEW...i just took the hard top off for the first time ever a month ago.

Damn, That's kinda tough to take..

I don't need very much:

Arm rest ~ (I see it's dried out, but it's better than my grandaughters')

Curly underhood light wire ~ (if it's not heat damaged, I just need the Curly part + 1" to make a neat connection)

The red rug cover on the spare tire compartment ~ or the complete cover ~ (if it's not faded bad).

Umbrella ~ (clips to the underside of that spare tire compartment cover).

Thanks, Lou ~ ~ Sorry about your car

Guest David Klimek

The rear bumper would be good for your car? It got messed up in the accident on the right rear..

LouZ- I will check into the for you tomorrow if i get off work and its still daylight..if not friday for sure.

here are some pictures of what i have off the car..

The motor was never sprayed, this is a bottle i had from my old nova.

n623929433_2230027_4286022.jpg

n623929433_2230028_384930.jpg

n623929433_2230029_7772615.jpg

n623929433_2230030_2177782.jpg

n623929433_2230033_2023346.jpg

n623929433_2230034_6655162.jpg

n623929433_2230035_2225948.jpg

n623929433_2230036_7130552.jpg

n623929433_2230037_3754525.jpg

n623929433_2230044_2552938.jpg

n623929433_2230045_4623225.jpg

Guest My TC Toy

OUCH!!!!

I feel for you. But be thankful no-one was hurt in the accident. That would have made it a whole lot worse and your car (sob) woul have been the least of your troubles.

Guest David Klimek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: {TC}DH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So sry about your car....its a shame. If you still have your rear reflector panel in good shape is it available? </div></div>

Hmm i am confused as to what a rear reflector panel is...haha, layman's terms?

Guest David Klimek

Wait are you talking about the panel that fastens to the trunk? If so, it is available and in pretty good shape. I can get pictures later if you are interested.

Guest REDMAN

david , sorry about your ride ,us burgandy guys hate to one bite the dust ,being a new member i hope you can get anouther and like me keep the keys in your pocket .Art

Hi Clayton,

I just checked; there are 19 on eBay now. 6 below $50.00.(that's my personal magic $.

If your car is '89 you need a blue one. '90 - '91 V6 needs a red one. Only buy the Chrysler ones the others and the CD are not so good... Lou

Guest Reelhappy

Sorry to see such a nice machine take a beating. Might be interested in the front grill trim if still in good shape and the umbrella. BTW where are you located.

Guest David Klimek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CHRYSLER TC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi, exactly what books are talking about, is one of them a service manual.

Thanks,

ClaytonC </div></div>

hey clayton,

Are you asking what books i have? I have what im pretty sure is all of them: Owners manual (blue book), Top operation and storage manual (gold book), warranty information book (blue book with "by maserati" in cursive at the bottom), and lastly the customer arbritration board book (tan book). Let me know if you are interested in them..

David

Guest David Klimek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reelhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to see such a nice machine take a beating. Might be interested in the front grill trim if still in good shape and the umbrella. BTW where are you located. </div></div>

I believe i pm'ed you last night but the grill is in very good shape, there is one or two incremental blemishs from road gravel or something or that nature. Suprisingly it just popped right out during the wreck, didnt bend a tab or anything! I am located in wilmington, nc (28405)

Guest David Klimek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LouZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, That's kinda tough to take..

I don't need very much:

Arm rest ~ (I see it's dried out, but it's better than my grandaughters')

Curly underhood light wire ~ (if it's not heat damaged, I just need the Curly part + 1" to make a neat connection)

The red rug cover on the spare tire compartment ~ or the complete cover ~ (if it's not faded bad).

Umbrella ~ (clips to the underside of that spare tire compartment cover).

Thanks, Lou ~ ~ Sorry about your car </div></div>

The red cover is in almost new condition since it had the hardtop on it it's whole lifetime, and the sun didnt get to it. I would rather sell it as a whole, since its in such good condition. The underhood wire i just went and removed, its not as curly now since it got stretched in the accident but i removed the whole light and wire about an inch from the harness...it works fine though. The armrest is also available, but before i sell the armrest and tire cover i need to make sure i am not getting an insurance check, and right now im having to chase them around. I will be sure to keep you in touch, and if you want the hood light let me know.

Hi David,

Sure I'll take the wire, the tire storage compartment cover, the arm rest, and you made no mention of the umbrella.. ~ Also ~ When they total a car in that kind of condition they are not usually interested in "Incendental Parts" ~ Again Also ~ If you have any trouble, more than standard verification, with the insuranve company, I'm sure we would all like to know. We will mark them down as "Not Recomended".

Thanks, & Good Luck,, Lou

Guest David Klimek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LouZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi David,

Sure I'll take the wire, the tire storage compartment cover, the arm rest, and you made no mention of the umbrella.. ~ Also ~ When they total a car in that kind of condition they are not usually interested in "Incendental Parts" ~ Again Also ~ If you have any trouble, more than standard verification, with the insuranve company, I'm sure we would all like to know. We will mark them down as "Not Recomended".

Thanks, & Good Luck,, Lou </div></div>

Is the umbrella the cover of the actual spare tire? Would "incendental parts" classify as modifications, or am i misunderstanding you? I called the lady today, and she tried to give me some bull about how her policy isnt going to cover my car, she is going to talk to their supervisor and then call me back. Im probably going to have to get in touch with a lawyer and do it the hard way, as much as im going to hate it...i will let you know what the insurance company is as soon as i found out tomorrow and will be sure to keep all of you in touch. Thanks to everyone for all the kind words and support though, it means alot!! PM me what you were thinking to spend on all of the parts as i know its hard to price used parts on a car like this, and whatever i get from these parts is gonna help me get my next (fingers crossed) TC. I wonder if they are going to ask for the hardtop as well, since it wasnt on the car?

David

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Hello David, I may be too late to ask about ABS brake fuse and relay box And attached wiring harness that goes to the brake pump & motor assy. if not I would be interested in that. About the books, I was really interested in a service manual, but I guess you could throw me a price for the books.

Thanks,

Clayton

Guest David Klimek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rofly1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much would you want for the soft top? sorry about crash

Roger </div></div>

Like i mentioned before it is nearly new, as the hard top NEVER came off the car..i would like to get $350 for it and you pay shipping. I am located in wilmington, nc 28405.

Guest David Klimek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CHRYSLER TC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello David, I may be too late to ask about ABS brake fuse and relay box And attached wiring harness that goes to the brake pump & motor assy. if not I would be interested in that. About the books, I was really interested in a service manual, but I guess you could throw me a price for the books.

Thanks,

Clayton</div></div>

Clayton,

PM me an offer and we can go from there, i can check for you tomorrow on the abs as i will be working on tearing the car down tomorrow. I know the light never came on and it never had any problem braking wise, though i never did have to lock up the tires...unlike some people, i try to stay out of sticky situations like that.

David, by law, NC requires all drivers carry at the very least, liability insurance. Before you contact a lawyer, contact the lady and ask her for her insurance information. Get her full name, driver's license #, Insurance company name and policy number. Then contact them directly yourself.

If she is at fault, her insurance has to pay for your car.

If she won't cooperate, contact the police officer who worked the accident and ask if they have her insurance information. If he doesn't have the information, inform him that she is refusing to cooperate by providing you with the insurance information and ask him to pursue and possibly fine her for being an uninsured motorist.

If neither of those pan out, contact YOUR insurance company and tell them to pursue it on your behalf. That is part of what your premiums pay for. If she doesn't have insurance, file an uninsured motorists claim with your company and then they will go after her civilly for the money they had to pay.

Guest David Klimek

Well they are saying they dont insure her driving MY car, which it was a commercial account and was supposed to cover other vehicles/rv's aside from their own. I guess their was a misunderstanding when my mom purchased the policy, who knows..just my luck!!

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Hi David, I've got a owner's manual, like I said I was looking for a service manual, I've bid on one on Ebay. I just thought it might be nice to have the other books, but honestly I don't have a clue what they are worth so I hate to make an offer,

Thanks,

ClaytonC

David,

Am I correct in assuming you are referring your or your moms insurance. How about the person that hit your sister how's their coverage.?? lz

Guest David Klimek

I have took the winshield wiper motor, the wiper arms, most all of the relays and solenoids, and the motor is ready to come out if anyone needs anything please let me know.

Guest David Klimek

Also the trunk lid, the glove compartment and the seats are coming out tomorrow. As well as all of the switches in the car, and all the power options worked great.

Guest David Klimek

Whats gone thus far: ABS system, the center console armrest/cover, all books to the car, and the spare tire compartment.

Located in the top storage well. This mechanism pulls the pins down tight. It's about 3 feet long with moving parts. The mechanism that moves when you press the lever to pull down the rear end of the top to the car.