Will I be elegible??

Guest Zee28

Guest Zee28

My car currently has a 1st Jr award. I plan to go to Charlotte in a few weeks and hopefully earn a 1st Senior. My question is: If I do earn a 1st Senior award at Charlotte in April, will I be elegible to try for a Grand National award at the Grand National meet in Topeka in September? Or will I have to wait until the following year, 2010?

Jacquie:

If you win a senior in 2009, you will have to wait until 2010 to compete for a Grand National. You are eligible to compete for a Grand National Award in the year following winning your Senior Award.

Good luck in your quest.

Kevin

Guest Zee28

Thank you Kevin. I thought that was how it went. Another question: The GN meet in Topeka is a "dual" meet. I have another car that won 1st Senior last year. Being a dual meet, does that mean I can try for both 1st GN and Senior GN at the Topeka meet?

Jacquie:

Asssuming car # 2 has won its senior award last year, that car is eligible to compete for a Grand National 1st Award in 2009 on Friday Sep 18. It is also eligible to compete for a Preservation Award on that same day (assuming you have not already won that award). On Saturday, Sep 19, you could compete for a Repeat Preservation Award.

You would not be eligible to compete for the Sr Grand National Award until 2010. The show on Saturday of the Dual meet (Sep 19) is a National Show, not another Grand National event.

Hope that helps.

Kevin