How do you remove interior handles on a late 30 model Chevy?

Guest oakland

Guest oakland

I have an old Chevy setting on a farm that I purchased. I don't know the year, but it appears to be the late 30"s. The headlights are still mounted on the hood and not in the fenders. I noticed that all the interior handles and still there and would like to remove them for sale. I can not figure out how to do so? Would someone please tell me how these handles are attached and how to remove them? Thank you.

Maybe you should put the car up for sale with the handles attached. If not there are wire clips at the base that are pushed off to remove the handles. The tool used is a flat bar with a notch. Post a photo of the car it might be just what someone is looking for.

Guest Hugh32

If you push in on the fabric around the base of the handle you will probably find a clip...or there may be a pin through a hole where the handle fits over a short square rod connected to the door opening mechanism. You will need a tool, (door handle clip remover) for the clip. If it's a pin in a hole, a nail smaller than the pin can be placed on the pin and tapped with a hammer to knock the pin out. Old Fords had the pin/hole arrangement. I'm not sure about Chevrolets.

I used to own a 33 Chevy 4dr. I can't remember seeing any Chevrolet with headlights mounted on the hood.

Here is a link to a site with photos of Chevs dating back to 1924 http://www.carnut.com/photo/list/_list.html

Maybe you can find it there.

Good luck...one of the Chevy guys will know the answer.