FS Unknown old Touring car. 1915

Guest so1971

Guest so1971

Found remnance of Old Touring Car . Unknown brand. Has Delco starter. Radiator core support has upside down triangle. Car has inline six cylinder. Cast aluminum block very cool. Any ideas.

Welcome to the AACA Forum. Do a google image search for 1915 Hudson and a nice original engine illustration will pop up. Crank cases were cast aluminum and the block and head was cast irom. Hudson produced a fine automobile in this era, and saving the parts is a worth while effort.

Guest so1971

K. Went back and looked the car. There is a engine plate that says Dec. 1915. Browsed some Hudson pics. and the fourteen looks just like it but then the pat. date would not be right. The seventeen looks like it too but it had wire wheels on it. Think parts are hard to find?

Guest so1971

Sorry just got on this pm and just recently just got into the old stuff but i'm extremely fascinated and excited. Get shivers when I buy for my 28 Chevy Capitol kinda chilly feelin". Then I stumped into the Hudson and dont know what to do. If I can figure out how to post some pics I'll getem' on here. If parts are findable like to save the old thing but it looks pretty bad.

Here are instructions for posting photos:

http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/429887/How_to_attach_a_photo_to_your_#Post429887

As a beginner, your idea of "looks pretty bad" may be accurate, BUT, there may be some salvageable pieces there that a Hudson owner/restorer is missing and something COULD be used as a pattern, if it is not repairable/restorable.

While the time you spend in retrieving some of the items might not make sense in the amount of money you might receive in selling them, this hobby is more about helping other like-minded enthusiasts than about making a profit.

Welcome to the hobby!