83 T Type rare options history?

Guest northmn

Guest northmn

Anyone out their that worked at the Riv plant or GM can give me the history of these options or additional features that came with my Riv.No one I have talked to so far has heard of these items before on any other 83 Riv.My car had an aluminium hood when new and still has aluminum bumper supportsfront & rear.I have the silver grill.Does TL1 special grill on the build list referr to this?I have chromed rocker covers on the engine.Are these standard equipment with this car or a special request by the owner?

NorthMN,

Welcome! We are A FRIENDLY GROUP, WHAT IS YOUR NAME? Your 83 T Type is quite a rare car, so you may have to be patient for exact answers to your questions. The chrome valve covers were used on some other models of turbocharged Buicks, make sense that your 83 would have them, too.

I think that the 83 T Type was equipped with a "waterfall" grill, I'm not sure when the older "egg crate" grill style ended. Also, the Riviera emblem on the grill should say "Turbocharged" in block lettering under the "Riviera" script. Those two items may account for the grill being refered to as "special".

GM used aluminum hoods and other body parts as they saw fit, there was no way for an individual or dealer to order them as a separate item.

Take Care,

Tim

Guest northmn

Thanks Tim .I E-mailed you last week about my A.C. I have also phoned you for tech advice in the past.I'am - Bob