Sign in to follow this  
palosfv3

Ron Kellogg Photo Archive

Just received a note from Rik Hoving telling about the Kellogg Photo Archive going public on the Internet. For those of you who may not know of them . This is the premier old car photo archive with over 1 million images taken by many of the great automotive photographers of the past. Dean Batchelor, Ralph Poole , early pics of Bonneville and El Mirage. A must see stop on your web surfing activities. I 'm unable to post a teaser pic to this page . This is a must see for any car fanatic.

http://www.kelloggautoarchives.com/gallery.html

Just thought I'd bump this up to the top. This is really an important piece of automotive history being made available to the public. What Ron Kellogg has put together is a lifetime of collecting the best of automotive films , photos , and documents.

Below is a bit of text taken from the site...

Amazing!!!!

The KELLOGG AUTO ARCHIVES is a collection of over 1 million negatives, rare movie footage that covers almost 100 years of motor sports, automotive production and design. After over 60 years, the time has come to share this treasure of images, from such greats as Dean Batchelor, the Dean standard that all great photographers try to follow, WWII Hero, Hot Rod driver, builder, and designer, author, book publisher, and if you win “The Dean Batchelor Award” by the MOTOR PRESS GUILD, you have arrived. Next we have Ralph Poole and Jack Brady, these too are in a class by themselves, considered the ANSEL ADAMS of motor sports, images to make a grown person feel like they're in the action; and then there is Dwight Vaccaro, an official photographer for USAC from 1955 to 2003.

I checked the site, but only 15 photos appeared. It would be nice if they had a way to search the images.

Phil

Hi guys this is Shaun Kellogg from KelloggAutoArchives.com

We are very pleased to see that it has reached the public so fast! I will be posting up a few teaser pics for you guys and since we have so many images in our archives it is hard to put up many photos. I am working on getting more up. By the end of tonight I should have 100+ photos up. We have more then just Bonneville and El Mirage. I am kind of in a hurry right now so I will be back on later tonight to update this for you guys!

Here is that picture.

506658975.jpg

Hi Shaun: I was friends with your grand father , can you contact me at pscarmen@aol.com  cell 231-215-1989

Jerry Entin