1964 buick wildcat

Guest offy110

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offy110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sounds to good to true </div></div>

My thoughts as well. Ad says he has a deposit on it from a buyer in AZ.

Guest offy110

sure got my attention,how many are out there,when i seen the ad earlier,there was no deposit on the car someone must of purchased it quick

I'm with you, Pete.

Anyone who can post an ad on Craigslist can also do a quick search and come up with the Manheim Gold and NADA guides. "Gee, I just don't know what the car's worth" doesn't really wash anymore. I'd give this guy a wide berth.

Steve.

Hey guys, just to clear the air here, I was caller # 2 and I talked to Bradley in length on the car, as well as the guy at the local repair shop that fixed the brakes. I also googled Bradleys home # and even called one of his neighbors ( gotta love white pages ).... and he verified the car for me.

This was one of those deals you don't believe, and unfortunately for me I was late to the dance. He did not search pricing, nor have a clue about the car. The only reason he did craigslist and not autotrader was because he didn't want to pay $50 to post smile.gif He actually is into Juke Boxes and is how he found the car at random. He read an estate flyer and showed up to buy the Jukebox listed, and there the car was. He bought it for much less and was trying to make enough money on it for what he paid for the Juke.

The repair man that did the brakes was my best verification the car was what it was and unfortnately this collector in AZ came through. I'm hoping to hear from the new buyer and maybe get some pictures. My info was passed along.

This was one of those deals you see every 5-10 years... bummer for me and my buddy Matt who would have killed for this car.... ( aka 4 speed above )

OK Buick People: When Craig Newmark was asked why there wasn't a nation wide search engine on CL he said that he wanted it to be a local service. Now with Jaxed.com and all the other web crawlers people can find stuff anywhere on Craig's list, but really, what are the chances of an out of towner picking off something so far away?

If I could buy 10% of the cars (that I collect) advertised all over the country for an asking price (that sounded good to me) or less and not have transportation issues.........I'd have at least 25 more cars! Mitch

It's funny you said this. I myself emailed Craig 5 years ago asking to have one search engine and got the same response you said. So what I do is pick major cites around me ( or within a state or so ) and check for car I'm into.

What's even stranger is my buddy in Seattle actually told me about the car, he's always looking for dry rust free sheet metal from AZ or NM.....

I guess it's just luck sometimes... smile.gif

-luck can play a big part. I picked up a cat some years ago across the country that had just been listed on auto trader.com and made the deal by phone right away-before the paper version had hit the local 7-elevens-probably not so likely now as who buys the papers anymore!?!

I have seen this occur a lot. Did some of you guy shear about the 62/3 Pontiac tempest on ebay about two months ago? Featured on AACA forums, muscle car magazines.

I don't know the exact story but the seller initially thought he had a pile of 63 Tempest (think: Skylark) junk and put it on ebay with a low Buy It Now.

Based on his comments, some Pontiac-philes made inquiry into the car and felt it was a very rare early factory supported race car. Bidding went well into six figures.

Years ago I went to look at a pair of 41 Cadillacs that a son was selling- father deceased (estate). One was a 60 Special, a rare and desirable car. I explained to him "This is a 60 Special" and he said "just make me an offer"

I initially went for one car and ended up scratching up enough for both but I sold the 60 Special for twice what I paid for it.