Who here uses Ebay for antique car searches?

Cardudeman

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the Antique Automobile Forum and I just wanted to see if you could give me some help or some tips on where you can find some of these beautiful cars. I am a huge fan of antique cars and I'm looking at purchasing an antique Corvette. Can you guys help me out? Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. There are lots of ways to find Antique Cars. Ebay is one of those ways. I have bought and sold cars on Ebay, but it is not my personal favorite resource for car buying.

The buy and sell category on this forum, Hemmings Motor News, as well as your local newspaper's advertising section are a few other places to check.

One of the best ways to find cars is to join a local AACA Chapter or Region and network with other old car hobby folks. Your fellow local Antique Auto buffs will often lead you to good deals on cars for sale.

Where are you located? Perhaps somebody on the forum is near you and can help tell you more about folks in your area.

Guest Orphanauto

I buy alot of my parts on eBay, it is a good way to see what prices the old cars are selling for. Of course, it's just a guideline. but a good one. I have bid on some cars, but haven't bought any yet.

If you are not up on the Vettes and are willing to pay the going rates, I would stick with the reputable Vette dealers. I say that because there are so many cars out there that have had changes. Buy from a well known dealer and sleep good at night. smile.gif

Ebay is good tool to search for cars due to its size, you can find just about anything if you look long enough. It's also good for seeing real world pricing although without seeing the cars involved it may be misleading. I found my Pierce Arrow on ebay but only bought it after actually seeing it. Hemmings online is also good to view a lot of cars but most of the prices there are silly high.

I do use eBay. Not as much lately as in the past, but do on occasion find something for the 1915 Buick. You could search for years at flea markets and never find anything for a car as early as this. The web brings the world together in ways that we will never know.

Dito with what others have already said. cool.gif Dandy Dave!

I agree with Dandy Dave. I have owned one of my 1931 Dodge coupes for 40 some odd years and could NEVER find much for the car through the usual publications or at swap meets. Now, with ebay, those cars are coming out of the woodwork and every other crack. Now, I can get almost any part or portion of those cars. Ebay is the way. Craigslist is also very good for getting cars from private owners. I have used both.

Hey Guys,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out on my search for an Antique Vette. Has anyone here used Getitnext.com? A friend of mine just told me about it and apparently it narrows down searches so you get the best deals on products. Its affiliated with Ebay so your still getting ebay motor searches apparently. I'm just curious to see if anyone knows or has used this site because it seems pretty interesting.