GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

4 hours ago, kgreen said:

Buick 29.jpg

Picture of one of the Clark Street buildings in Detroit that were the Cadillac complex.

Here is the area now.  Most of the plant complex was torn down.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S+Clark+St,+Detroit,+MI+48209/@42.3093722,-83.0897301,1082m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x883b3285d0c0b3f7:0xd47a1b296df027f6!8m2!3d42.3096024!4d-83.0881929

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 3/12/2017 at 5:37 AM, kgreen said:

Buick 29.jpg

That's attitude. It made me remember driving on a side road with my Grandmother in her '54 Buick. Two cars were stopped in the road with and angry goose in front of them. No one wanted to run over or goose or get out and confront it. She did! She just grumbled, got out, walked past the other cars, and showed the goose who was Boss. And off we went I'd feel safe with her in Detroit, any street.

037.thumb.jpg.1f9af0b9b9618eb590002e087f9b3de7.jpg

Bernie

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Plyroadking said:

I do the same thing every time I open a hood on something modern, just stand there and scratch my head.

I bet your Buick has another BODY style

1 hour ago, Plyroadking said:

Significantly different, also I didn't realize those turbos needed what looks like a compressed air water separator?? I learned something!!!

Like your Chevy truck on your profile picture. Sold mine couple of years ago, 1987 4WD SWB I had a 95 Cummings in it coupled to a Dodge tranny and a Jeep transfer case. Which I never sold it

41 minutes ago, Elpad said:

Like your Chevy truck on your profile picture. Sold mine couple of years ago, 1987 4WD SWB I had a 95 Cummings in it coupled to a Dodge tranny and a Jeep transfer case. Which I never sold it

Thanks! I put a 5spd stick in one of mine, very insignificant mpg difference between the th400 but I no longer rev the 454 out at 70mph. I thought about trying a Cummings swap on the winter truck but in a few more years there won't be much left from the salty roads. The winter truck was "totaled" a little over a year ago, I took the insurance money and bought the black one to replace it till I got the totaled one back together. My wife fell in love with driving it so apparently it's staying. Why the jeep tcase?

7 minutes ago, Plyroadking said:

Thanks! I put a 5spd stick in one of mine, very insignificant mpg difference between the th400 but I no longer rev the 454 out at 70mph. I thought about trying a Cummings swap on the winter truck but in a few more years there won't be much left from the salty roads. The winter truck was "totaled" a little over a year ago, I took the insurance money and bought the black one to replace it till I got the totaled one back together. My wife fell in love with driving it so apparently it's staying. Why the jeep tcase?

Never asked the question when family did it for free! Worked fine

608A6F9B-D1D2-4FDA-95BA-BB74E238FBF9-2109-000001F77B2629A8.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

You can tell where this guy is from:D

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

You can tell where this guy is from:D

13 minutes ago, Elpad said:

Wish, wish

Mr Earl

you no makin fun of me acent yes?

Well now that you mention it LOL..... but my reference was to your truck and all the different makes of parts that went into it and the likely inherited Cuban ingenuity that keeps all the American cars in Cuba running without the benefit of being able to go to the corner Advance Auto Parts store for OE parts. This was clearly evident the day I watched you and your friend disassembling the AC from the High Society Roadmaster in my pasture that day. Am I right or am I wrong? :D  Just jerkin your chain my good friend :)

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Well now that you mention it LOL..... but my reference was to your truck and all the different makes of parts that went into it and the likely inherited Cuban ingenuity that keeps all the American cars in Cuba running without the benefit of being able to go to the corner Advance Auto Parts store for OE parts. This was clearly evident the day I watched you and your friend disassembling the AC from the High Society Roadmaster in my pasture that day. Am I right or am I wrong? :D  Just jerkin your chain my good friend :)

You can jerk the chain all you want... just leave the grease monkey alone!

ha,ha just kidding.......yeap surviving ingenuity it is in the blood. Your very right

• Like 1