GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

speakin of Dagmars......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]210828[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]210829[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]210830[/ATTACH]

Do my eyes deceive me or are those portholes being put to their proper use ?

And my-o-my what a big carb you have there.....

Looks like the cowcatcher works too. Scooped up something very nice.

Hey Mr. Earl, where's "Terry" ? You promised.........

Mike in Colorado

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)

Looks like the cowcatcher works too. Scooped up something very nice.

Hey Mr. Earl, where's "Terry" ? You promised.........

Mike in Colorado

I believe in this case that would be a kitty catcher......and it is working marvelously!!!!

and I keep my promises.... patience, grasshopper.....

Guest frazer51

Here is of my sister-in-law trying to drive off in my 1918Buick "creation". I built it on a chassispost-61302-14314216753_thumb.jpg that a friend was going to part out.

165 MPH... Nice. I passed thought there in early June. And if any one wants to know, It really is Salt.

Yep, me and a friend were through there in a 67 Volkswagen bus back in '72 on our way to California. Just truckin along and I says to my friend "Dude this is where they hold the world speed record runs, lets see how fast this baby will go" We veered off the shoulder and out onto the salt. Got about a 1/4 mile out into the salt and old Sugaree mired up to her axles. Tha's when we learned it wasn't the time of the year to do speed runs, the salt was flooded in water. A State Patrol comes up and says "not from around here are ya?. With as much southern charm accent I could muster up I said " No sir, we're just a couple of dummies from Jawga who done got ourselves in quite a predicament hea" He said, yep and it's also against the law to get off the pavement, didn't read the signs. He ended up just laughing, shaking his head and calling us a wrecker who charged us $125 to pull us back to the highway. We didn't mind though, we was just happy the State Patrol didn't stick his head inside the bus.

And for your listening enjoyment this post comes with sound

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RPQAbBI7E38?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest mstanleyfl
Yep, me and a friend were through there in a 67 Volkswagen bus back in '72 on our way to California. Just truckin along and I says to my friend "Dude this is where they hold the world speed record runs, lets see how fast this baby will go" We veered off the shoulder and out onto the salt. Got about a 1/4 mile out into the salt and old Sugaree mired up to her axles. Tha's when we learned it wasn't the time of the year to do speed runs, the salt was flooded in water. A State Patrol comes up and says "not from around here are ya?. With as much southern charm accent I could muster up I said " No sir, we're just a couple of dummies from Jawga who done got ourselves in quite a predicament hea" He said, yep and it's also against the law to get off the pavement, didn't read the signs. He ended up just laughing, shaking his head and calling us a wrecker who charged us $125 to pull us back to the highway. We didn't mind though, we was just happy the State Patrol didn't stick his head inside the bus.

And for your listening enjoyment this post comes with sound

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RPQAbBI7E38?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

If he had looked inside you could have just told him that was your glaucoma medicine...

Here in Indy a few years ago while we still owned an Avis Rent A Car agency, along with a Ryder truck agency, a 15 foot Ryder box truck pulled into our lot. Out of the cab came two FLOWER GIRLS, and out of the back two more. You see they had the back set up as their sleeping quarters. Oh YES, there was a SWEET smell inside that truck. Wonder what it was?

As I was checking it in, you see it was a ONE WAY IN RENTAL, I could tell the girls were coming to the Grateful Dead concert just up the road, and were hooking up with more friends, so didn't need the truck for the weekend. Well, one of the girls handed me some flowers, and said "HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND MR".

We all got a good laugh out of that, and OH YES, we had to air out the truck.

Off the girls went in a Flower painted VW bus.

Dale in Indy

• 2 weeks later...